Chapter 3

"How can I help you? Is there anything you are looking for in particular?" The shop keeper asks us as we walk in the door.

"Umm yeah we are booth looking for a new pair of pointe shoes." I answer.

"Ok sure. What size and brand would you like?"

"I am heritage 7 please . Brittany what size and brand would you like."I yell across the store.

"Umm I will will have an 8 in Amelie soft please." Brittany answers

" Ok I will go and get those for you." the shopkeeper says while walking out to the storage area.

"Grace are you getting some new leotards." Brittany asks while I walk over to her.

"Um yeah I do need a few."

We both look through the large racks of leotards and grab about 5 each all black but different styles. I walk of to the dressing room and try them on. I have to make sure that they have a high enough back to cover up my scares because even if I put makeup over them, my sweat will make them visible and I don't want to have people asking me about them as I do not want anyone to know.

I finish trying them on and walk out of the change rooms and see the shop keeper making out on the counter with a tall brown headed guy. As I walk closer trying not to not disturb there make out session in a public shop where anyone can see them I get a glance of the guys face and I can not believe who it is.

I quickly run back into the change rooms and quietly bang on Brittany's door

"Brittany open up you will not believe what I just saw." I whisper

"Ok hang on let me just finish getting dressed."

When she finally opens the door I quickly stay her out and her mouth drops.

"OMG...that's Logan your boyfriend!" she whispers trying not to yell

"Yeah I know."

"Well what are you going to do. Are you guys still going out you never say anything about him anymore."

"Umm... yeah... well, I don't think we are going out anymore." I say and anger rises inside me making me remember the one night that hurt me forever.

"Oh. How come?" she questions and I look down at the ground. I can't tell her what happened I promised myself I wouldn't.

" We just had a small fight a few weeks ago and I realised that we were fighting over nothing but I don't think we have as good of a connection together as we did when we first stated dating." I lie. How could of of just done that I think to myself. I never lie to my best friend, we tell each other everything but this time I think it is better to keep it to myself.

"I needed to get out of here." I say to her.

"Ok we can just walk past them, they are to busy concentrating on each other that they won't ever notice us." Brittany suggests

We quickly run through the store and just as we are about to exit the shop my foot gets caught on a rack and the whole thing falls over. I quickly bend down to untangle my shoe from the wheel and I feel a tight grip on my arm.