Chapter 7

I drive back to my house and tears start streaming down my face. Why has it happened to me. I have been through so much. First I have my mum constantly looking after me and telling me what to do and then I had the massive fight with Logan and now I have broken my rib. What else could possibly go wrong. Now that I think about it there are probably many more things that could go wrong now that I have can't dance, no boyfriend, and probably won't be able to go back to my job since at a preschool I have to run around a lot.

I pull into the drive way and walk up to the front door. when I open the door my mum is on the phone so I decide to go to my room to put on some more comfortable clothes.

I walk up stairs and put on my black leggings and a oversized T-shirt. I then grab my phone and lie on my bed when I hear my mum shouting from down stairs.

"Grace get down here now so we can talk."

"Ok" I reply putting my phone on charge.

I walk down the stairs dreading talking to my mum. I haven't talked to her for a while about what has been happening. I haven't even told her about what has happened with Logan and I don't plan on telling her otherwise she will go off her head with why I never should have gone out with him in the first place even though she was the one who always would say how great it is that we are together and that we would make a great family together but I don't think that will happen any more.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked her

"Well I just wanted to ask you about the past few days. What has been going on with you?" My mum asks and to my surprise she asks without yelling and screaming at me.

"I have not been having the best couple of days and I think I just needed to sort things out for my self."

"Ok. So what happened why were you so upset?"

"It's all figured out now you don't need to know about it."

"Grace I think I deserve to know what is going on with you. I am you mother and if anything goes wrong you should talk to me about because I'm sure I went through the same things when I was a child." my mum says raising her voice.

"No it's fine I don't need to tell you everything that goes on In my life I'm 19 I think I can work things out by myself now."

"Grace you could at least tell me so I know what has happened." she demands me

"Fine. A few weeks ago Logan and I had a fight and last night when I went to the shops I fell down the stairs do now I have a broken rib. Are you happy now I told you" I yell trying to not cry. I can't believe I'm lying to my mum but I don't want her to know about what really happened between Logan and I.

"Are you ok? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" My mum asks me

"Because its my life and I don't need to tell you everything, I can do things by my self now I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Grace you still have to talk to me I am your mum and I know that sometimes it is hard to tell things to me and you think that I won't be able to help you but I was your age once and I went through some rough times, so I know what's going on." my mum explains and for once she is not yelling and screaming at me for all the things that I don't do. She is actually helping me.

"I know it's just some things I would rather figure out myself."

"Ok. Next time when you need help I won't help you because you think you can do it yourself." Why can I never have a conversation with my mum without her disagreeing with me or yelling at me.

"Fine I will do things in my own now."

"Ok. So I didn't quite hear you but did you say you have a broken rib?"

"Yeah. Luckily it's only small so I will only be stopping dance for 3 weeks but then after that I will have to strengthen my body again so really I won't be aloud to do much physical activity for about 3-5 weeks."

"Grace this is terrible you should have told me straight away"

"Mum I only found out today and when you got home you were on the phone so I was going to tell you later."

"Ok well we better call the dance studio and tell them what has happened."

"Ok and I also will have to quit working at the preschool because I'm not allowed to do any physical activity for 3 weeks and we are always running around at the preschool."

"Ok well I will call the dance studio and you can call your work. its 8:30 now though so I think it will be better off to call them in the morning."

"Ok ." I say as I give my mum a hug and walk back up to my room.

When I get up to my room I check my phone. There are 2 missed calls from Brittany she must be worried. I forgot to call her when I got home so I think I'll call her now.

"Hello. How are you?" Brittany says when she answers the phone.

"I'm ok. I have some bad news though."

"Oh." she says and all of the happiness in her voice disappears.

"I have broken my rib so I can't dance for 3 weeks and then for a couple of weeks after I will have to be careful and take it easy until my body gets strong enough to dance properly again."

"That's terrible, what are you going to do."

"I don't know. I can't dance for 3 weeks and I am going to have to quit my job because we are always running around and I can't do any physical activity."

"Oh this is so bad."

"Yeah I know. What are you doing tomorrow?" I ask her

"Umm I don't think I'm doing anything do you want to catchup." she replays and that was exactly what I was thinking we could do.

"Yeah sure. I have been wanting to see 'Are we officially dating' for a while so maybe we could go see that and them doing some shopping and lunch."

"Yep that sounds good."

"Ok well I will call you in the morning and we can figure out what time we won't to catch up at."

"Ok bye." she answers back.

"Bye." I say as I hang up and put my phone back on charge.

I walk into the bathroom and just as I'm about to turn on the water my mum yells out to me.

"Grace I am just going up to the shops to get a few bits and prices for the rest of the week."

"Ok. I might be asleep by the time you get home so ill see you in the morning."

"Ok bye."

I quickly have my shower and get into my warm track pants and one of my dads only shirts. It always reminds me of him and it makes me think that he is always with me even though I can't see him.

I walk down stairs and make some vegemite toast for dinner. then I walk back up to my room and decide to watch 'Centre Stage' one of my favourite movies.

I start watching the movie and I am so tired that I eventually fall asleep.