Chapter 8

I wake up and my tv has been turned off and I have a blanket over me. My mum must have come up stairs to check on me when she got home.

I change into a floral dress and then check my phone.There is a text message from Brittany asking if I wanted to go to the beach instead. I look outside and it seems sunny so i text back Brittany with a yes.

I start walking down the stairs to get breakfast when I remember that because of the scares on my back I can't wear swimmers that you can see my back in and I only have strapless bikinis. I quickly grab my phone and call Brittany.

"Hey. What time do you want to go to the beach?" Brittany asks

"Umm Im not allowed to do any physical activity with my broken rib I don't think it is a good idea to go to the beach. Sorry."

"Ohh sorry. Thats ok. What time do you want to go to the movies than?"

"Umm I don't know what about 11." I suggest

"Ok I'll see you then. Meet out the front of the movies?"

"Ok sure"

"Bye." she says

"Talk to you later. bye"

It's 8:30 now so I have 2 and 1/2 hours until I go to the movies. I walk down stairs and make a fruit salad with apple, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, banana, mango, watermelon some vanilla yogurt and some musli. I switch on the tv and watch the latest episode of dance moms while eating breakfast. When I'm finished I wash up my dish and my mum comes down.

"Hey, how's your broken rib feeling."

"It's ok. I think I might have a pain killer because its a bit sore."

"Ok well I am going out today so ill see you this afternoon."

"Ok well I'm going to the movies with Brittany."

"Ok have fun, bye." My mum says and walks out to her car.

I run upstairs and turn on my curler. I normally straighten my hair but I think I will try a different hairstyle for a change. I put in some foundation, mascara and a thin line of eyeliner then I curl my hair making it fall softly around my face.

I take a pain killer and then watch some friends episodes. Friends is one of my favourite tv shows.

When it's 10:30 I put on my black ballet flats and drive to the shops leaving half an hour earlier to make sure I don't get caught in some traffic.When I get to the shops I call Brittany and she says that she is on her way.

"Hey." Brittany says walking up to me.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask giving her a hug.

"I am good how are you? how's your rib?"

"I took a pain killer before I came so I should be ok."

"Ok well I looked online and there is an 11:15 'Are we officially dating' session on so we can see that if you want."

"Yep that sounds good."

We get tickets, some popcorn and then go into the cinemas and find seats.

"This should be a good movie, I saw the trailer for it." Brittany says.

When the movie starts we have all most finished all the popcorn which always happens when we go to the movies. When ever a new chic flick comes out we always go together so we can talk about the funny parts and the sad parts and then the things that we have experienced in our own life.

---------------------

"That was such a good movie." I say to Brittany

"I know. I love those types of movies."

"Ok so do you want to go get some lunch, it's 2 so only a bit after lunch. the food court shouldn't be to busy.

We both grab a salad from 'Go Fresh' and gossip a bit. I tell her about how I can't dance for 3 weeks and that I have to quit my job but I think I will be able to find a job at the local surf shop.

"Ok well it was good catching up with and we are going to need to catch up a lot more now since I won't see you at dancing anymore."

"Yeah I know. It sucks that you can't dance anymore."

"Ok well I'm going to come in tomorrow to talk to our teacher is ill see you then."

"Ok bye."

I walk back to my car and then drive home.