Chapter 5

I get out of my car and the grab my dance bag off the back seat. I quickly run up the front stairs and unlock the door hopping that my mum will not hear me but she does.

I run to my room and lock the door behind me.

"Grace open up the door." my mum yells but I don't reply. She yells a couple of more times and then starts banging on my door.

"Grace what is going on with you. All of a sudden you never talk to me and you are not the way you used to be." My mum says trying to be calm but I ignore her because I do not want to deal with her now. I am tired and hurt so I need to get some sleep and hope that the pain goes away. I finally drift off to sleep and my mum eventually stops banging on my door.

-------------------------------

*beep, beep, beep*

The sound of my alarm wakes me and I wish that I could just stay in bed forever but I can't cause I have to go to work and put up with little kids all day. I guess being a preschool teacher isn't to bad but I'm not in the mood for going to work.

I switch off my alarm and get into the shower. The grazes down my legs are bigger then I thought and I have big purple bruises and my knees. I turn of the tap and put on a 3/4 sleeve top and a pair of skinny jeans. I switch on my straightener and check my phone.

There is a message from Logan and I quickly delete it because the last thing I need to have on my mind is him as I have many more things to worry about like having to deal with my mum since I ignored her last night and getting the the doctors sometime soon because of the shooting pain going up my left side that I thought might of fine away when I was asleep.

I run over my hair with the straightener to get out all the wavy bits and then put on some makeup. I grab my bag a go down stairs my mum is not awake luckily so i don't have to put up with her yelling and screaming till at least this afternoon. I put on the toaster on and grab a banana and make a sandwich that I can take to work.

I spread a thin layer of Nutella on my toast and then walk out to my car. it is quite a cold morning so I turn the heater in full blast and then look at the clock. it's only 7 and I don't need to be at work till 7:45 so I decide to go and grab a quick coffee so I am ready to start my day. I pull out of the drive way and drive to the nearest Starbucks.

When I arrive I walk inside and order a regular mocha with 2 marshmallows. Once I have my coffee I get back into my car and start driving to work.

I work at the local pre school as one of the staff for 2-4 year olds. I like working with the little ones, helping them count to ten and teaching them how to spell the simple words that they will learn in primary school but they will be one step ahead of everybody else. Brittany works there as well but I don't think she is working today but sometimes she pops in to see the kids.

I pull into the staff parking and walk into the pre school. It is 7:45 and we don't open till 8 so there is no kids here yet which is good because we have to set up a few sport activities.

Once a month we have a mini Olympics where all the kids can compete against each other in things like running, throwing and catching and many other activities that they like to play. At the end we count up how many things each child has won and award 1st, 2nd and 3rd but everyone gets a badge for participating other wise there would be some arguments and tantrums that only 3 people get something.

"Hello Grace, are you ready for a big day?" my boss asks me.

"Yeah I think so." I say placing my bag in the staff area.

"Ok that's good to hear could you please set up the mini hurdles and then put some cones out 20 metered in between so they can have some running races."

"Sure ill go do that now."

I walk over to the storeroom and get out the cones and mini hurdles and just as I turn a round I hear a little voice coming from behind me.

"Miss Gwacey." I turn around and see 3 year old Mia running up to me with a big grin across her face.

I have looked after Mia ever since she started. She didn't like coming to preschool but as soon as I gave her a lip balm and a pink necklace she was good to go and loves coming to preschool.

"Hey. Are you excited for today?"

"Yesssss I am. It will be fun." she yells and starts running around in circles.

"Ok well don't waste your energy to quickly." I say. Trying to calm her down.

"I won't that will be very very bad."

"Yes it would. Now do you want to help set up?"

"Yes"

"You can take out the cones then and we can set them up together."

We walk outside and set up all of the events. When all the kids arrive we start the events. The rest of the day goes quite fast and it take my mind off everything that happened last night. at the end if the day we pack up and then wait till all of the kids get picked up until we are aloud to leave.

I have had a very long day and I still need to go to the doctors to have them look at my left side as it still hurts and running around with all the kids today probably wasn't the best idea.

By the time I leave work it is 5:30 so I book am appointment at the doctors for 6 so that gives me time to get a quick coffee on the way. I am hoping it will give me am energy boost I am starting to feel a bit tired.