Rebellion

Beast

I knew we wouldn't get out easy, but fuck. This is ridiculous. We are going to get out, no doubt about that. I just wish that this cocksucker who's currently play God, would understand that we're leaving, and he's going to die. I don't know how, but he is going to die some slow cruel death.
I looked at Ghost, she had control of the gun, and if she wasn't willing to use it, she was going to die too.
"Eagle, I need you to help me break the tables." Arrow instructed. He was rubbing his back where the table had intercepted it.
"Why?"
"The computers, if we break them, it might jam the camera signal, or the doors or something." Arrow had no plan, what the hell were we doing. We had legitimately made it out of the observation room, down the hallway, and to a medical bay. We had no clue where the exit was, much less how to get there. We had no weapons, no special skills. But, they need us alive. It's not much but it's the only leverage we have.
I began scanning the desks, looking for a scalpel, some prescription medication, poison, another gun. Anything to make my point clear. Finally, a knife. Exceptionally long and undoubtedly sharp I held it up and looked at my companions. I wasn't going to stab myself, I was ignorant, not stupid. Ghost, holding the gun to the girl, determination was her resting expression but now it actually seemed necessary at the moment. Eagle was inspecting the now exposed circuitry of a table computer, Arrow talking some techno bullcrap, something about dismantling the thing so the data would be unretrievable. Thunder was standing in the middle of the room like some deer in a headlights. Jesus. Take my own teammate my hostage.... Why the hell not. If it got us out of here I really didn't mind.
I hooked my arm around Thunder. "Listen, you need to just cooperate , I'm gonna get us out of here." I whispered harshly. I put the knife to his throat, and trapped him in a headlock. My left arm was under his chin forcing him to look up, in the flesh below my left arm, I sat the knife gainst the soft flesh.
"What the-"
"Listen asshole, you let us walk out of here, or you let your janitors clean our corpses off this concrete floor," I interrupted Arrow's outburst. There was an excruciatingly long pause. My teammates each glimpsed at me. I nodded to show I wasn't backing out, and they each nodded in return, we were at a unanimous conclusion. "It's my understanding that you need us alive." The blade drew a thin line of red across his neck, "open the door and let us out."
The silence over the intercom was exceptionally irritating, the tension in the room was only get worse. The girl with cropped hair was looking for something, but was held in place by the weapon. Though I knew this wasn't the right place, and though I hated this place more by the second, she was cute, in a nerdy, we-will-never-be-together, kind of way
"Let my associate go, then we can negotiate." Mr. Hyde was making a statement, but I wasn't about to have that.
"No deal Hyde." Eagle looked up from a desk now wielding a pistol. "The girl stays with us, we need assurance that you won't pursue us once we're out of here. Besides, we've made exceptionally reasonable demands and therefore they're not negotiable."
"I'm not asking. You really think I can't get new test subjects? Do you honestly believe that she is irreplaceable?"
"But you said-"
"Silence Ms. Natalie. Now I'm going to count to five, and either you all surrender and face minimum punishment, or this will be the last day you will ever feel content and comfortable. You will never again know the joy of sleep, or companionship, or anything, other than perpetual fear."
The girl, Ms. Natalie, had lost her edge and now wore only a mask of rage and sympathy. "I'm going to get you out of here." She whispered under her breath.
"Five"
"Barricade the door!" Ghost had dropped the gun and was looking for something to block the entrance. I released Thunder and began helping her. The desk closest to me made a shrill howl as though me moving it had caused some invisible pain.
"Four"
"Try the vents" Ms. Natalie instructed, searching through the desks. Ghost and I had stacked two desk against the door. It wouldn't stop the sliding doors from opening but it could at least slow the guards and buy us time while we found an exit.
"Three"
Arrow slid a desk to the side revealing a large vent, screwed into the wall. "Got it. Someone help me!" My brain was in overdrive and I only focused on the task at had.
"Two"
Eagle and Arrow fumbled with a screwdriver that had been snatched from a desk. Thunder and the girl began stacking the rest of the desk against our rather pathetic barricade. The desks were sturdy, but not indestructible.
"One"
Ghost retrieved her pistol, the vent was finally pried free and Eagle was already climbing through with his pistol. Arrow was ushering Ms. Natalie into the shaft behind him. Ghost, Thunder and I backed towards our only chance at escape.
A loud bang came from the now open garage doorway, causing the stacked desk to lurch.
"Go!" I shouted at Arrow who was hovering like a moron. He hesitated only a second longer before scrambling into the rectangular opening. The next ramming into the desks sent them toppling over. Thunder crouched into a corner next to the vent,as though hoping to hide, or catch them off guard. The guards shoved their way in and began jolting towards Ghost and I. Knife raised I tackled into the guard who gave me the best access, with extreme difficulty I drove the blade into his stone rib cage, the blade broke off at the handle and he moaned like a wounded whale. I toppled to the ground and rolled away, the handle of the now absent knife still clutched in my hand. Ghost raised her pistol and shot the guard closest to her. To our disbelief the bullet bounced off his massive core and bolted into the corner of the room. It found its target in Thunder's right shoulder.

Beast

Beast

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.