Hide

Nathaniel Hyde

"Progress report." I demanded upon my entry to the security and surveillance room.
"Subjects 1, 2, 9, and 15, have been located." A blonde said. "They're northbound, soon to intersect the town of Angelica."
"And what of Ms. Natalie?"
"She is with them sir." The woman pulled up a image that gave us live footage of the subjects, complimentary of our satellite. The children were resting in the dusty fields of waste. Subject 9 was crying.
"Get me audio on that." I nodded my head to the conversation now occurring between subjects 1, and 9.
A faint staticky feed came through, "I killed him. He's dead because I killed him. I shot him and left him and he's dead because of me." Subject 9 cried. I held up my hand and the audio silenced.
"Any update on subject 13?" Clearly subject 9 was upset about her companion.
"He's been stabilized, we can commence the memory removal process at your command Mr. Hyde." A young man who I hadn't see enter addressed.
"No, that won't be necessary. I'd like to move him to the west wing on the tenth floor, as soon as he is fully recovered. From there place him in solitary confinement. He'll learn that his friends are in fact his enemies, he'll become a tool in our arsenal."
"Yes Mr. Hyde." The man bustled off.
"Open the file on Harolds, Xena." I instructed the blonde woman. Brenda would go to her first. The file only revealed what I already knew.
Parents Victor and Ruby Harolds both deceased. Last known residence was in Angelica. Makes a living as a street thief. Non-religious, anti-Hydratech.
"Notify me as soon as they arrive in Angelica."
"Yes Mr. Hyde." The room echoed at my exit.