The Princess and The Captain

Episode 10: The Princess and The Captain

The Crowned Prince of Eternia chased the Crowned Princess of Morainia down the hallway. Her black hair and blue dress flew behind her. Cringer was not too far behind. They raced through the throne room. Their parents only shook their heads as their children ran past.

Veena raced down the path toward the Sea of Rakash. She could hear Adam not far behind her. You aren't going to catch me. His laughter came to her both by her ears and her mind. Oh, I will. You're about to run out of land. Veena smiled as reached the waves. She turned to face Adam.

He stood at the bottom of the path. "I've got you now." Slowly he walked toward her.

Veena walked backward into the water. Adam stopped when the water came up to her knees.

"Veena, what are you doing?" Wonder filled his voice.

Veena glanced at him. She placed her hands on her hips. "I'm going for a swim. Care to join me, Your Highness?"

Adam watched as Veena fell backwards into the surf. A smile formed on his face. "Oh I more than care." He dove in after her.

The two teenagers pushed water at each other as Cringer watched. Both laughed. "What are you two doing?"

Veena and Adam looked at Teela. The two of them dripping wet while she was dry. Veena glanced at Adam and then looked at her. "What? We can't have a water fight?"

Teela looked at the two royals in front of her. Both were soaking wet, but were smiling. Something has been going on. Those two have been spending way too much time together. I mean why was Adam chasing her. "Adam, you have training to do. Princess, your mother wishes to see you."

Adam glanced at Veena. I'm guessing she doesn't feel right calling you Veena anymore. We should be careful. Teela isn't going to like it when I tell her I'm marrying you. Adam looked at Teela. "I'm coming."

Veena moved closer to Adam. "Want me to dry you off?"

Adam looked at himself and smiled. "Yeah." The two walked out of the water. Veena muttered a spell drying her and Adam off.

Teela watched as the spell finished and Adam walked up to Veena. He kissed Veena before he walked past Teela and up toward the Palace with Cringer behind him. Teela looked at Veena. What the hell was that? Did he just really kiss her?

The Princess of Morainia looked at her. "Something wrong, Teela?" Veena moved closer, but Teela turned around and raced up the path. Veena stopped and watched her go. I had wanted to talk to her. Adam, Teela's angry and it's your fault. He heard his laugh. My fault. Don't worry. Teela likes you. She'll calm down.

Veena began to follow the path. When she reached the top, she found her mother waiting on her. "Something wrong, Mother?"

Queen Gwendolyn looked at her daughter. "What's wrong with Teela?" Veena stood in front of her mother.

Veena sighed and glanced past her mother. "Adam kissed me in front of her." She looked at her mother.

The Queen of Morainia was smiling at her daughter. "Oh. Well I believe the Captain of the Guards has always believed she would be the one Adam would marry."

Veena sighed again. "It makes sense. She's his best friend."

The mother put her arm around her daughter. "I believe Adam would say that honor now belongs to you, Veena." She looked out around them. "Come. You and I must go to Castle Grayskull."