1. Hallie Turner

Warning; this story will include mature content and inappropriate language.

Currently being edited as I wrote this years ago so excuse the cringey parts. Hope you enjoy anyway:)

---

Hallies POV

He banged his fists multiple times on the door. One after the other, thud, thud, thud. My room shook violently, a chewed pen rolled off of my desk across from me. I swallowed, wishing the old, worn-out wooden floor would just swallow me up. My fists clenched together tightly out of fear as I hugged my knees tightening myself into a ball, my small body acting as a shield creating a sense of safety and defence.

"Hallow! You better be getting ready!" His deep voice bellowed from the other side of the door.

I knew it didn't matter if I was ready or not.

"It's Hallie. I am ready." I said shortly.

My father rammed his heavy body into the door, it flung open as he did so and he stumbled in. A large half-empty whiskey bottle held firmly in his bruised hand. I glanced at my clock that ticked constantly on the wall. 9:47 am. School started almost an hour ago, so once again, I was late.

"Shut up!" He growled, "bring me back some cigarettes and a bottle of vodka." He ordered stabling himself by snatching onto the scratched door frame.

"I can't, last time I almost got cau-" My pleading voice was quickly cut off by his hand slamming down onto my face.

His slap tingled my cheek and just below my eye where he had hit. I clenched my teeth focusing on anything else but the pain.

"Do it." He demanded sternly.  

I nodded as tears pricked my eyes, threatening to spill. "Fucking slut," he mumbled slamming the door behind him.

I heard him stumble down the stairs most likely falling whilst he did so. I clutched my cheek running over to the dirty and cracked mirror in my room. His rough nails drew blood. I touched it, inhaling a sharp breath as I winced feeling the pain run through me. My trembling hands grasped onto my bag of makeup that sat on my desk. I pulled it over to me, pulling out the face wipes first. It was already 10 but I was not going to go in again with blood all over my face. Not because I was afraid of what I would look like, I honestly couldn't care less about my appearance anymore, especially at school. I just couldn't stand every one poking their noses in my business and pretending to care for me when in reality all they wanted was to know the hot gossip and the latest drama floating around.

I peered above the rails of the stairs. He was not in sight so I stepped slowly down the stairs. I got to the door, no sign of my father anywhere. My fingers touched the cold door handle as I bit down on my lip, squeezing my eyes shut. As I felt the door to escape, a strong hand yanked me back. I yelped out as his fist clutched my arm.

"Get me my shit." He growled, face inches away from mine, I could smell the alcohol on his breath as his spit splattered my face.

"I'll try," I said honestly, my eyes clutched shut as I tried shaking him off, only making him tighten his grip more.

"GET IT!" He yelled bending my arm back and digging his rough, un-cut nails into my pale skin.
I nodded fiercely as the pain shot up through my body. 

My other hand reached for the door handle as I quickly pulled it open. I mustered up all the strength which I had left and yanked myself away from him, escaping his grasp and running straight out the door.