14. At The Sink

Song; Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran

---
Hallies POV
Monday Morning

"You ready Hails?" Mr Jones called through the house, his words bouncing around off the walls.

I slumped down the stairs towards him. Today was the first day back at school since I had been off, and I knew that I would have to inform Matt and Sophie of what's been happening. Not only would they want to know, they deserved to. They were my best friends after all.

"Yeah," I groaned as I reached him.

"It'll be fine, I promise," without warning, he scooped me up in his arms.

His arms clutched around my waist as he lifted me up off the floor slightly. I didn't hesitate to nuzzle my head into his chest, welcoming the warmth that seemed to radiate off of him.

"I hope so," I sighed before pulling away.

He gave me a reassuring smile and trotted out into his car, me following closely behind.
We both sat down, me in the passenger seat as my teacher propped himself into the drivers seat.

"Obviously you can tell Sophie and Matt about, you know, staying with me. But I think it'd be best if we kept it quiet. I would prefer not to lose my job just yet," he chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Of course," I laughed at the huge sigh of relief he suddenly let out when he heard my response.

His hands automatically went to the radio as he twisted the knot, turning up the volume.

"There's CD's in there, you can pick if you like," he smiled kindly at me as he nodded his head towards my car door.

I flicked through the CD's carefully.

"Wow, Green Day, In Dynamics, Blink 182, I didn't know teachers even had a taste of music. This stuff is all amazing," I grinned as I settled on the Double Dare album by Waterparks.

"Just because I'm a teacher, doesn't mean I'm a sado," he laughed shaking his head as he focused on the road ahead.

"Yes it does." I laughed as he let a small chuckle escape his pink lips, his eyes glowing ever so slightly with a mischievous look in them.

{}

"Right, I'll see you in second," Mr Jones smiled as he waved, before jogging down the corridor towards he P.E department.

I sighed quietly at his sudden disappearance and the emptiness that it left me with.

"Hallie! Where have you been? You haven't returned any of my calls, I was so worried. I went to your house, but your dad just slammed the door on my face," Matt sighed loudly as he ran a hand through his hair stressfully.

"I'm okay, I had a sort of, fight with my father. But it wasn't like the others," I swallowed a nervous lump in my throat, just thinking about it made me feel sick, "I'm staying at Mr Jones', don't say anything please, I don't want to cause him any more trouble," I groaned as they both gave me questioning glanced.

"Mr Jones? You mean that new P.E teacher? You know you can stay at mine right," Sophie spoke, knitting her eyebrows together in confusion.