12. Blue

Song; Colours - Halsey

---

Hallies POV
Wednesday Night

Mr Jones' tight arms laced around me as he carefully lifted me from his car. I curled further into his chest, clutching onto his t-shirt as if it were my life. He slammed the car door before lifting me closer to him and tightening his grip. Again, his arm left to open and close his front door, but he quickly snaked it back around me. Without a word, he pressed me down into the sofa so that I was sitting on it. I forced myself to let go of his shirt as he quickly walked to the kitchen. The house was silent, my crying state had stopped and now I was left with complete and utter emptiness. I stared into the electric fire, watching the fake flames dance around gracefully.
Mr Jones returned with a large glass of water in his hand. He slipped it into my unwilling hand. I forced myself to drink it for him and let the cold liquid slide down my dry throat.

"I'm sorry Hallie," he eventually broke the silence.

He slumped down next to me, I tried not to notice the un-existing amount of space between us as he pressed his body to me.

"For what?" I asked quietly.

I leant foreword to place the water on the coffee table. Not caring or thinking about what I was doing, I let myself sink into Mr Jones's side, resting my head on his shoulder. He stiffened but after a second his arms wrapped around me.

"For not being there sooner." He sighed exhaustedly.

"Don't. You were there before anything worse happened. Can I stay here tonight?" I asked nervously, changing the subject.

"Of course you can," he murmured into my hair as he leant his chin onto my head. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked making me let out a small chuckle.
Food was probably the last thing on my mind right now.

"I'm okay sir," I said, focusing on the steady rhythm of his heart which made my body vibrate against him.

"Well I know you probably haven't eaten, so I'm gonna make you something anyway. For now, what about a bath? I have a bright blue bath bomb that I think you would love. I actually bought it because of you, I mean I saw it and it reminded me of your blue hair, and I just had to get it," he rambled on, he tugged at his hair unable to stop the words flowing out of him.

"I'd like that," I chuckled lightly, his warm smile comforting me.

"Come with me," he said softly, his soft hand gripped onto my own as our fingers laced together naturally.

I felt the heart crawl up my cheeks as I realised that we were holding hands. Maybe dad was right, maybe I was a slut. I shouldn't be thinking about the fact that our body's were in contact, and especially not at this moment in time. Mr Jones pulled me into his ensuite bathroom and twisted the warm water tap on. He left me alone in the bathroom as I watched the water rise in the tub. After a couple of minutes, he returned with a pair of neatly folded clothes in his hands.

"Here, you can sleep in these. Don't worry about school, I'll make up some bullshit and get us both out." He stated, hands digging through his cabinet under the sink as he spoke.
He lifted out a small blue ball wrapped in plastic.

"Here this is it," he smiled sheepishly placing it into my grip.

"Thank you sir," I said, obviously not just thankful for the bath bomb that he gave me.