9. Brown Eyes

Song; The 1975 - UGH!

happy birthday to iliwysfyasbysuoi x

1K READS!!!

---

Hallies POV
Sunday Morning

The sun flooded through the sides of my torn curtain awakening me from my peaceful slumber. I raised my hand to my eyes, shielding my eyes from the harsh brightness. I pulled myself out of bed and stumbled directly to my scratched, full body length mirror. My body ached from last night as I clenched my jaw in anger. I scanned at my shell of a reflection. My clothes from last night still clung to me as I began to slowly undress myself. A wet tear smoothly rolled down my blotchy face as a shaky, exhausted sigh escaped my dry mouth. Tears welled up in my throat and I crushed my eyes shut to keep them at bay. A large, probably my biggest ever bruise painted my left side of my stomach, several cuts on my calfs from my fathers boots, a red scratch carved into my back taking up most space and what was obviously the most visible - a black eye. There was no way I could hide that or make up any kind of believable lie and I was dreading school even more than usual.

However strangely, the thing that worried me the most, even more than my bruised eye, was the small hickey that decorated the left side of my neck. It wasn't huge, and barely noticeable but it prevented me from forgetting about it at all times. It felt like part of him was still on me, attached to me - physically and mantally.
I grasped my phone in my right hand, walking over to my drawer and pulling out some clothes.

"Sophie," I let out a sigh of relief as she answered immediately. "Can I come over?" I asked hastily.

"Of course, are you okay?" She asked, her voice thick with worry.

"I don't know." I spoke bluntly but it was sincere.

"You can have dinner at mine and even stay the night if you like Hall," she proposed, my old nickname ending the sentance.

"I won't be able to stay the night, but dinner would be great," I said sheepishly, I hadn't eaten since I was back at Mr Jones'.
I desperately wanted to just escape and stay the night at my best friends, but I couldn't. After all the reason that father was angry was because I was away and 'left' him alone.

"Okay see you soon," she added before ending the call.

As I was now fully changed, wearing the most coverable outfit that consisted of black jeans, a green turtleneck sweater and a pair of dirty, worn-out green fake converse. I left the house quickly, avoiding my snoring dad who lay on the kitchen floor. The rain patterned down on me but I didn't care. Oddly I found it comforting and I'm not sure why. I was hoping that Soph would let me use her shower as I hadn't been able to cleanse myself last night and my tear stained face and bruised body made me feel dirty and disgusting.
Eventually I reached Sophie's, she opened the door, her smile instantly falling and turning into a gasp as she scanned my damaged body.

"Come in," she said, giving me space to enter her house.
I shut the door softly behind me.

"Eggs and bacon sound okay?" She asked, walking into the small kitchen.
This is why I loved Sophie. Most people would make me cry about it and tell them all my problems when I didn't want to at all. I just wanted to replace my worse memories with better ones, and somehow no one other than Sophie could get that. Even Matty begged me to go get help or at least talk to him, but I could never burden someone else with my own problems.