18. In The Elevator

Song; Beekeepers Daughter - The All-American Rejects

(this song has nothing to do with this chapter i just love it x)

HUGE THANKS TO Sgsd3D for the new cover!!!! Go check out their profile and stories bc they're clearly amazing at making covers and I appreciate the help v much bc covers are not my strong point😬 THANK YOU THOUGH ILY💓💓

---

"Alright everyone, take your time," Mr Gates groaned, sarcasm heavy in his voice.

Mr Gates was around the same age as Justin. He was good looking also, but clearly I wasn't interested in anyone else. A couple of girls giggled at him, smiling flirtatiously at him and Justin as they walked by.

"Come on everyone," Justin joined in as we all qued up to get on the bus.

Everyone was, for some reason, going incredibly slowly. Although I didn't care much, the drive to the hotel was short but I needed some fresh air after being cooped up in the bus all day and then the restaurant for another hour or so.

"Hey Hallie," a deep unfamiliar voice spoke over my shoulder.

I was too busy focusing on Justin, who looked amazing tonight that it took me a second to realise someone was talking to me.
I was still at the back of the line, Sophie and Dean were all already on the bus so it was just Matty stood next to me.

"Oh hey," I smiled, confusion bubbling inside of me as to why Marcus was speaking to me.

Sure we had talked before, but we weren't friends.

"So I was just wondering, Carters having a cheeky sesh at his and Jayden's room, you up for it?" He asked.

I could practically feel Justin's eyes burn into me with suspicion but I brushed it off.

"I dunno," I said lazily, clearly indicating that I was not interested.

I wasn't really in the mood for getting drunk. And I definitely wasn't in the mood to be caught.

"We'll go," Matty spoke up for me.

"Great! See you guys there," Marcus beamed.

The conversation had all happened so quickly, I barely even realised what happened.

"Do we have to go? I really can't be bothered," I groaned, annoyance overcoming me as I folded my arms.

"Yes Hallie. You know if you spend so much time with Mr Jones, people will get suspicious. You've got to balance it out." Matty encouraged as he linked his arm around my shoulder.

"You just wanna go to this stupid party," I grunted in response, although I knew he actually had a point.

Matt grinned innocently. I rolled my eyes and dragged my eyes back up to Justin's who was glancing Marcus up and down. We walked past Mr Gates and Justin, Justin smiled down at me as he overcame his jealousy. He let his fingers slide across my waist lightly, causing a strange feeling to run through me at his soft touch. I looked back up at him, bit my bottom lip, ever so slowly. He let out a shaky breath as he watched me, his eyes glued to me lips.

I let out a small laugh as the line moved and eventually I got on the bus, along with Matt.
Although once we were both on, as we were last there was barely any seats. In fact, there was Mr Gates and Justin's seat which was obviously reserved for them, and there was only one other seat next to a girl that I wasn't familiar with, and Marcus. I inwardly groaned as Matt plonked himself down next to the girl and began striking up a conversation.