5. Drunk words

Song; Drunk - Ed Sheeran

---

"Hey Carol," Matt beamed, greeting our boss politely.
Sophie and I both sent Carol a slight smile as we searched for our aprons in our lockers.
We had just arrived at work as it was already 4pm. Eventually, my fingers grasped my apron as I tugged it out and began tying it around my small waist, the same as Matt and Sophie.

"Hello kids," Carol spoke sending us all exciting smiles in return.
It didn't really feel like Carol was our boss, she was way too nice to us. She properly cared for each of us, there was no other way to put it. She was just always there, and not many people were.
Honestly, she didn't need all of mines, Matts and Sophie's help. She could probably make due with only one of us, and would be perfectly fine with two. However, she knew that Matt and I paid for most things by ourselves, and one day Sophie had came to visit us, and Carol instantly feel in love with Sophie. The two were so alike, always borrowing books off one another and going to the library together.

I pulled my velvety blue hair up into a high pony tail as did Sophie. Matt also tied his back after running his hands through it several times.

"Sophie you're on dishes today right?" Carol check, scanning our schedule that was hung up neatly on the beige wall of the locker room.
Sophie nodded in reply.
"Please do them better then Matt," Carol laughed remembering Mattys previous attempts at washing dishes.
He wasn't the best cleaner to put it nicely.

"Hey!" Matt groaned pouting.
"So I lack the cleaning skills. That just means I'm better at other things." Matt said matter of factly crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"You? Matt Healy have skills?" Sophie said as she burst out laughing, clutching her stomach in the process.
Our laughed filled the room bouncing off the walls and echoing around us as I joined in.

"Shut up and get to work!" Carol spoke, strictness laced in her voice but you could clearly tell that she was trying her best not to laugh.
A small, thoughtful smile tugged at one corner of her lips. She rolled her eyes, letting a quiet chuckle that went unnoticed by Matt and Sophie as she pondered off elsewhere into the small café.

We had been working for just over two ours, I was exhausted, thankfully we were closing in half an hour.
Dean had turned up a while ago and Sophie got let off early to work with him. They had been flirting non-stop and it was honestly adorable.
Currently, Sophie was talking dean through some of her annotations as examples for him that she had done for art. Dean on the other hand wasn't listening one bit. He was staring directly at her, holding his chin in his hands as he gazed at her lovingly. Sophie realised that he wasn't listening and scolded him.

"Dean! Listen!" She groaned frustrated, she didn't understand why he couldn't just listen, but he was way to focused on the real art sitting right in front of him.
Dean smirked at this as he leaned back crossing his arms over his chest.

"I am babe," his smirk only grew when Sophie blushed at his pet name for her.

Matt had taken over the job of washing the dishes so I was the only one who was taking orders and serving now. The bell on top of the door rang signalling a customers entry. I placed down an ice tea in front of another customer who had ordered previously. My eyes glanced over towards the door. I looked away not thinking as my eyes just scanned over the place but as I quickly realised that this wasn't just any other customer, I darted my eyes back towards him. Mr Jones stood at the door smirking at me widely. I blushed and quickly stepped behind the counter. Mr Jones walked slowly towards me, our eyes locked together as his signature sparkle in his brown eyes glimmered.