Chapter Ten

• Dedicated to Charlotte Hogan

Hello! New Chapter now! I hope y'all enjoy it! Dedicated to Zayniee again ;)

Louis P.O.V

I opened my eyes. I was lying in a Hospital bed. Alone. "Am I okay?" I asked, to seemingly noone. Suddenly a Nurse walked in. "Mr Tomlinson! Your awake then?"

"Yeah? I've not been out long,"

"No only two weeks,"

"Two weeks?!?"

"Yes. We wasn't sure if you'd wake up,"

"So that little bastard did that!?!"

"Mind your language Mr Tomlinson. Who did it to you?"

"Ace," I said through gritted teeth

"Oh,"

"Anyway I'll get.. Niall, Liam, Harry and Zack?"

"Zayn," I corrected her

"Close enough,"

The boys entered. Niall took one look at me and ran up to me. "LOUIS! I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER WAKE UP!" He screamed, sobbing.

"Its okay Ni. I'm okay now,"

"Niall has been a wreck Louis," Liam began "He hasn't stopped crying and he uhhh,"

"What?"

"Cut himself," Liam whispered in my ear

"Niall! Why?!?" I exclaimed

"He thought it was all his fault you were out for so long. He thought he'd killed you and it was his fault,"

"Oh Niall. It wasn't your fault,"

"Never mind me Lou. Guess what? Ace isn't even being arrested or anything!" Niall said

"Why?"

"No proof for a start, Gem won't grass and he is saying we attacked him first. And they believed him obviously," Harry said rolling his eyes

Niall P.O.V

Louis had been out for a week now. The four of us were all fine now, but poor Louis was out. It was all my fault. I should've stopped Ace when I brought Gem home. I shouldn't of rescued Gem- my best friends life was more important than hers. I should've stopped Ace when he started. I hated myself. I went to the family bathroom. I took the razor off the side. I rolled up my sleeve, closed my eyes and dragged the razor across my wrist. I felt pain at first, then the blood oozing out. It felt good. I was showing that I despised myself. I had killed my best friend. There was no worse moral crime.

Finally after two weeks, Louis had woken up. I was over the moon when I saw him. I screamed and grabbed him. Then Liam told Louis, about my cutting. Poor Louis looked mortified. I decided to change the subject away from myself and spoke about Ace. Harry, Liam and Zayn were still bullying Gem. They were blaming her for everything with us and Ace. Like the other day we were beating her up and Liam stared into her eyes "Don't say anything to that prick of a boyfriend, or we'll hire a hitman to kill him," I looked into Liam's eyes and knew he meant every single word. Liam had taken over Louis's role of leader in bullying Gem. Which was kind of strange, since before all that with Ace, he had been so against it. Despite what Ace had done to us, I still didn't want to bully Gem. But now, when Louis was fighting for his life, didn't seem like the time to oppose. It was just another reason I hated myself.

Liam P.O.V

When Louis had been in hospital, I had taken over bullying Gem. But now Louis was back, he took back over his role. When Louis was gone, I had been angry about how badly Ace had hurt us all physically and how much Gem had hurt me mentally. But now Louis was back, it was as if nothing had happened. Ace didn't even give us a second glance. He had done what he wanted to do. Reality hit me then. What Ace did to us, we had done to Gem for the past few years. I may not be her boyfriend, but I still had feelings for her. Why was I still doing this? was a question I asked myself daily. I decided to meet up with just Niall at the park to discuss things.