5 - It's hard

Drew's POV:

"Mom! Can't I skip the dinner?" I asked.

"No! They were nice enough to invite us in their home. We are inviting them into ours," My Mom said.

I groan. "Is there a reason why you don't want to go to the dinner?" My Mom asked again.

".... No. Why?" I ask. I hurry and start walking up the stairs.

"Drew Andy Becker don't lie to me!"

"There's no reason. I'm just tired," I say. I go upstairs in my room. This is great. The girl I love is coming to my house. I kissed her. I fell in love with her. Something about Brooklyn just makes me happy. Brooklyn isn't like everyone else. There's something about her the sticks out. She's pretty, confident, smart, talented, brave, engaging, happy, sweet, caring, honest. She Honestly means the world to me. I would do anything to protect her. I smile thinking about her and fall asleep.

Brooklyn's POV:

"We know you don't want to go to Amanda's House. You don't have a choice but, if you want. We're here for you," My Mother said calmly.

"Thanks Mom." Then she leaves the room. My Dad sits on my bed by me.

"Do you know how hard it was for your Mother to keep her life together?" I nod. "Brooklyn I hope when you go to LA with your Mom next weekend. That you do find someone. Your Mother has dealt with a lot." My Dad rolls up my Sleeves.

He starts crying, "Don't regret this. Don't cut. You're my Daughter. I want to protect you. I lost your Mother when we were teens many years ago. Brooklyn?" My Dad pauses wiping the tears off my cheeks, "I want to protect you Brooke. We'll be here forever. So I know it's only Monday but... Enjoy your time in LA." He kisses my forehead and left the room.

Daniel walks in, "I broke your promise."

I shake my head, "Yeah. They definitely know now.... Daniel, get out of my room." I say. He leaves the room closing the door behind me. I sit there and lie down.