11 - Our Decision

Drew's POV:

I was walking Brooklyn home. She and I were holding hands. I ask, "Did you decide what were going to do about the baby?"

"I'm still deciding. My best friend Lisa can't even look at me. I'm struggling right now," Brooklyn sighs.

"It's our decision," I say.

"I know. It's kinda hard right now," She says. We walk up at her door. Then her Dad opens the door.

Brooklyn says, "I'll see you later Drew." Then she walks inside. Justin comes outside and closes the door behind him.

"What did your Dad tell you?"

"That I got to walk Brooklyn home every day. I'm also Grounded. But Brooklyn and I have a school project sir. It's due in a week. She and I have to be at each other's House's too..." I swallow and he walks up close to me.

"I always liked you Drew. I'm just pissed. I knew you and Brooklyn would be together. Just not now. I know you bully her and she cuts herself. Depression is hard. It runs in the family."

"I know. But I can make it up to you and her." I say nervous.

"Come over for dinner in an hour. I think we would enjoy your company. If you know what I mean," Justin says. I nod.

"Yes sir." I say. He goes inside and closes the door. I run back home.

My Mom says, "What took you so long? We told you to be here right after you walked Brooklyn home."

"Mom, Justin was talking to me.... He invited me over to dinner," I say breathing heavily.

My Dad comes and puts his arm around my Mom and looks at me for the first time in forever, "Why did he invite you in the first place?"

"I don't know. Brooklyn knows that he invited me to dinner. Just don't know why," I say.

My Mom tells me, "If the Blake's invite you to Anything. Your going."

"I can't skip it?" I ask.

"Unless you want your phone tooken away," My Mom says.

"Dad!"

"Unless you want your phone tooken away son," My Dad said. I groan and head upstairs.

*30 minutes later*

I was sneaking out. I hear my Mom and Dad talking. My Dad says, "I don't understand why he got Brooklyn careful in the first place Amanda. I mean I did stupid things. But getting a girl Pregnant at the age of 14! Honey this is Ridiculous."

My Mom says, "Andrew there in love! I know it sounds crazy but get use to it. Our son is gonna be a Dad and we have to face the consequences."

My Dad says, "Gosh. I can't even look at my son the same without disappointment. You know we have to deal with a crying Baby right? I mean Brooklyn did say something about taking care of a Baby in Child Development."

"Yeah honey she did. Yes I know a Baby. It's not the end of the world. I hate this mess too. You don't know the pain Brooklyn is going through Andrew. Brooklyn must be deviated and even disappointed. Some people actually might start calling her a slut at school. I don't want my best friend's daughter being in pain."

I shake my head and slam the door. I go to the flower shop. When I got there. I got Mrs. Blake her favorite flowers and I got Brooklyn her favorite flower. It was a Red Violet. She loved the name Violet. I paid for them and ran to The Blake's house. I knocked on the door and Savanna Brooklyn's Mom answered the door.

I said, "For you Mrs. Blake."

"Awe how lovely. My Favorite ones too. Thanks Drew." Then she opened the door and let me in. Brooklyn came down the stairs and I gave her, her violet.

Brooklyn smiled and said, "Awe. So pretty. You got my favorite Flower." She hugged me and I hugged back. She smelled it.

"I think I might name our daughter Violet," she says. "If it's a girl though."
I smile. We go into the dining room.

"So your keeping the Baby?" I ask excited. She nods. I hug her again then kiss her cheek.