Chapter One: Red Riding Hood

To say you were shocked when you were practically run over by a wolf in the middle of the road would be an understatement. You were walking home after a late night of studying at the library when the wolf appeared out of nowhere in your path, darting in front of you from an alleyway and causing you to shriek in shock and fear as it knocked you to the ground and sent your books and papers up around you.

"What the fuck?" you shouted, huddling on the ground while trying to catch your breath, as the wolf circled you, its fur standing on edge and eyes surprisingly wide and bewildered-looking.

Somewhere in the back of your mind you realized that this wasn't normal wolf behavior, but that part of you was currently overtaken by the part of you that had just shouted at a wolf.

"Seriously?" you asked, raising an eyebrow and pushing up onto your knees, "Watch where you're going much?"

...And you were talking to a wolf.

"Seriously," you griped, "You couldn't have waited a half second for me to get out of the way? A warning would have been nice."

Now you were standing, trying to put some distance between you and the light grey wolf, and backed into something undeniably furry and tense. Glancing behind yourself, you almost laughed at the view of another wolf behind you.

"Well call me little red riding hood," you whispered.

You were afraid that you were going to be eaten, though the sane part of your brain was again saying that that wouldn't happen.

"How many more of you are there? Please come out; I don't bite," You laughed. "Though I'm sure you do," you added under your breath.

Three more wolves came sulking out of alleyways, showing an almost human disappointment at being called out, as though playing a twisted game of hide and seek.

"Jeez," you murmured as you watched them form ranks, and suddenly you were a bit more afraid for your life.

A wolf with fur the color of salted caramel turned, and for a moment, the entire world stopped. Its deep black eyes seemed to stare into your soul, and you couldn't shake yourself away from it. The world around you was a swirl of unnecessary color and noise, sounds and movements blurring together in a midnight swirl of blues and purples until the only thing that mattered was this single, sandy furred wolf.

The wolf whimpered, breaking the spell, and its four packmates suddenly closed ranks and moved closer, cocking their heads at you, and barking questioningly at one another.

And then, just when you think that this night can't get any weirder, one of the wolves raises onto its hind legs.

Its snout retracted back into its skull, replacing itself with a humanoid face, its hind legs lengthening, and fur retracting and disappearing until the very familiar peach-haired Park Jimin was in place of the white and grey wolf that had stood there a second before.

And for the first time in your life, you slunk to the ground in a dead faint, one word echoing through your mind: Werewolf.

____________________________________________________________ 

Jimin was now presented with a very strange situation. Here it seemed that a girl had slumped into a faint in front of him, and he honestly had no idea what to do. Jin, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok stood behind him in wolf form, no signs of shifting back to human form to give him a hand. And with both Namjoon and Yoongi back at the group house, he had to make all the tough decisions.

God, the things that happened right before comeback.

"Thanks for your help guys," he groaned, motioning for them to shift human and help him out.

The sounds of cracking bones and fur retracted filled his ears as he watched the girl still laying on the pavement. Silently, he thanked whatever luck had gifted them with no cars coming down the road.

"What the fuck are we going to tell Namjoon?" Jungkook questioned as soon as he emerged, fully human and only slightly rumpled.

"I think we should let Taehyung explain that one. This isn't my fault."

"You're the one who shifted back, Jimin. Don't play innocent. Our fans don't believe it, and neither do we."

Jin had walked over to the girl and was bent down, taking her pulse.

"She's alive guys! Her heart is beating and she's breathing."

"God, Jin. You play a doctor one time and suddenly you're a medical professional," Jimin grumbled, pushing his hair back off of his forehead in frustration.

Taehyung finally spoke up, "I'm sorry, hyung. I couldn't help it, it just happened."

"Was it anything like what Namjoon and Yoongi described?" Jungkook wondered aloud, trying to hide the eagerness in his voice.

"It was better than that. But, Jimin, I really am sorry, and I really didn't mean to, I just couldn't control it."

"Of all the things to happen before comeback, it had to be this," Jimin moaned.

Jin elbowed his way into the conversation quickly, "We should get her off the road. She needs some food and some explanations."

"Right. Hoseok, Jin, grab her. We'll take her to the Big Hit building. I'm going to call Namjoon. Tae, I hope for your sake that he wasn't asleep, because he's going to be pretty fucking pissed."

Taehyung swallowed harshly, and nodded his head as he watched his band mates and pack mates lift the girl from where she was lying sprawled out on the pavement.

He held back a growl as Jin almost dropped her head, and shook himself to shake the feeling. He didn't even know her name yet.

Yet, he thought bitterly, because as soon as they got her back to the building and awake again, he was going to explain everything to her.

He was going to have to explain why exactly her gaze had frozen him in place yet set him on fire and melted his composure. He had to explain that all the members of Bangtan were werewolves, and that she couldn't tell anyone.

He had to explain that he had bonded to her.