Chapter Eleven: Nothing Major

Taehyung meeting your mom had to be one of the strangest things that had ever happened to you. They got along almost comically well, honestly, you thought that your mom might like him more than you yourself did, or ever would.

But now it was Valentine's day, the one day of the year where you could hole up in your room, watch shitty romantic comedies, and eat ice cream all day without feeling bad about yourself. Or you could, had your mother not met him and been under the impression that you and he were going to be together on this fateful day, which meant that she was now in your apartment trying to help you pick out your outfit. Not something you really wanted to do with your mother.

"Mom," you groaned as she laid out another dress on your bed and tried to convince you that it was the best choice, something she had done with the last four options she had laid out.

"Look, he seems like a nice boy and I don't want you to mess this up," she explained calmly, smoothing a nonexistent wrinkle on the hem.

"I don't think I could mess this up if I wanted to," you muttered, idly rubbing the back of your neck and trying to fight off the headache that had been threatening to overtake your sanity since your mother had shown up at your apartment.

"I really wish you had asked me what I thought before you got that tattoo," she jumped to a new thought so suddenly, and it made your already throbbing head spin. "I know that you're growing up and you can make your own choices, but I wish you had at least told me before you got one."

You sighed, remembering how you had gotten that 'tattoo' and now regretting agreeing to any of this. You honestly felt as though you should have taken Jade's warning and not gone back there, not even tempted yourself with the idea of the inkling of the supernatural. You wished you had just dismissed the wolves as an exhaustion-induced hallucination and not dwelled upon it. You wished that Bangtan had stayed behind your computer and television screen where they belonged, where they couldn't do you any harm, or throw your entire life off track.

"What time is he getting here, again?" she asked you, rummaging through your closet for more clothing.

"Mom, I'm not even sure that he is coming. He's got work today and he's very busy, and I don't think we should expect too much of him."

"Bullcrap," she exclaimed. "I could tell that that boy was head over heels in love with you and I have never been wrong before, and I do not plan on starting now. He'll be here. Besides, didn't he say that he had met you through his friend's girlfriend, oh what was her name?"

"Jade," you stated deadpan.

"Yes, Jade, that's right. And they most certainly are going out tonight, so it is my firm belief that he will be here."

"Whatever you say, mom. Whatever you say."

________________________________________________________________________________

Jade was yet again at school, so the members were all sitting around, excluding Yoongi, who was out with Dinah, probably looking at more houses and apartments, the most romantic date he could think of.

Jungkook was still locked up down the hall, and the boys could hear muffled thumps and yelling coming from the room. There was a feeling of excitement in the air, one that came with every comeback and music video release, a hope that the ARMY all over Korea and around the world would love and enjoy what they had put together, but that excitement was mixed with anxiety that Jungkook wouldn't be able to join them on stage. An anxiety that permeated the room, the reason that they were not currently rehearsing.