Chapter Fourteen: Stay

You had spent the night at Jade's as planned, though Dinah remained at the hospital with Min-Jae, and were awoken by loud rustling from the kitchen. You rubbed your eyes blearily, swinging your legs over the side of the bed and exiting the room to walk down the hallway, where you were welcomed by the biggest mess that you had seen so far in Jade's apartment.

"Pregnant," Jade muttered, head buried in a cupboard, "it had to be pregnancy. Fucking hell. He's coming back, and he's going to kill me. Brutal murder. Like, blood will be all over the place. Jade, you're going to get yourself sick again."

"Jade?" you asked tentatively, "are you alright?"

She banged her head on the inside of the cabinet before turning around to sheepishly look at you.

"Quite alright, actually," she said with a false cheeriness, "We just happen to be out of coffee."

"Jade..."

"No, I personally am freaking the fuck out. They get back in less than twenty-four hours, and I have no idea how to break the news to Namjoon."

"Jade..."

"And then how do I tell my parents? I'm nineteen; I'm way too young to be a parent, and Namjoon's almost never around, and this is all way too much way too fast."

"Jade..."

"And now I'm out of coffee. Of all the days to run out of coffee..."

"Jade, I think you need to calm down a little bit."

"I'm completely calm. Do I not seem calm? I'm totally calm."

"Jade. You're not fine. Namjoon might be a bit taken aback at first, but I think he'll be excited once he warms up to the idea of having a little one running around the apartment."

"That's the thing. The baby will be running around with me through the apartment. Not with Namjoon, because he'll never be around. Our child deserves to have both parents," Jade' voice dropped, and you had to lean in to be able to hear her, "I don't want our family to come second to his career."

________________________________________________________________________________

The boys arrived back in Korea very early the day after Dinah gave birth. Exhausted and half-asleep, they piled into a van to be driven to Jade's apartment where she and Min-Jae were staying. Jade and (y/n) had set up a crib the previous morning to try to calm their nerves and to help Dinah and Min-Jae adjust until they got the chance to baby-proof Dinah's apartment, a task that had been conveniently given out to Jade and Namjoon by (y/n), supposedly to give them a chance to talk about the new and unexpected member of their family.

Yoongi, for the first time any of the boys could remember, was too excited to sleep. He was bouncing around as Tae was wont to do, rocking back and forth in his seat as he pressed his cheek to the window and watched the city fly by, a half-formed melody playing on repeat in the back of his head. He was excited to meet his little Min-Jae, a baby that had already become his phone's background, ready to teach him the way of his father's swag.

The other members were all asleep, or close to it, in the backseat of the black vehicle when the van pulled up in front of Jade's apartment complex, and they slowly and sleepily got out. Following an excited Yoongi, Namjoon led the others up to her apartment and knocked on the door.

A sleepy Jade opened the door, dressed in yet another one of Namjoon's sweaters, and welcomed them inside of her small apartment.

"Morning baby," Namjoon said, snaking an arm around her waist and pressing a kiss to the top of her head.