Chapter Twenty-Two: Outro| We've Got This

The world was at the best it could be.

The tour continued, as it always must, this time with the addition of all of the mates. This was mainly because they really didn't want to risk any of this happening ever again, but all the members had to agree that it was nice to have the mates with them.

Jade was trying her hardest not to remember, but had become more accustomed to pack life, and, after an amusing interaction with Hoseok in wolf form, had begrudgingly acknowledged the fact that the boys were werewolves. She wasn't back to normal, and had stopped jumping in whenever anything pack-related was brought up, and was having a lot of issues with being part of the giant family that was BTS.

Namjoon had more life in him than anyone could remember since the battle. His days were filled with appearances, concerts, and learning as much as he could about amnesia. He took back his pride in being the alpha of the pack, and relieved Yoongi of his duties that he himself had been neglecting. He was struggling, however, with Jade's amnesia and newfound unwillingness to speak to any of the members.

Jane had, to everyone's surprise, become Jade's closest friend after she left the hospital. Maybe it came from her staying in the apartment with her, but they now acted like sisters.

Jin's bonds with the rest of the members had been regained slightly, though they continued to be strained, but he resumed his habit of reducing himself to dad jokes and windshield wiper laughing. The pack dynamic was much better now that the rest of the members weren't completely furious at him anymore. The fact that he had made them food didn't hurt either.

Yoongi and Dinah, in the end, named Hoseok godfather. Min-Jae had already travelled to more countries at one-month-old than Dinah had at twenty-four. Yoongi, thankfully, was now also getting more sleep, because he shared his son's napping schedule.

Jimin and Hoseok had begun to act more secretive, however, disappearing at odd times, then reappearing hours later with no evidence of having run the errands they claimed to have gone on.

Taehyung had surprised everyone by being the best boyfriend out of all of them, remembering all anniversaries, as well as your mother's birthday, and doing his best to cuddle with you every night before collapsing after concerts.

Jungkook was having a good time now that most of the problems had been solved. Sure, Jade was still having issues with her memory, but Jungkook was at least able to sleep on a regular basis, and didn't have to try to reason with Namjoon, a task that had proved challenging.

You had taken over Jade's previous role in the pack, and while it was stressful, it had given you the opportunity to get closer to all of the members. You knew that you weren't as good at doing what Jade normally did as Jade was, but you were doing a good job with the little experience you had. In fact, the members (meaning Hoseok) had started calling you 'imo' or aunt, as your role in the pack had become more pronounced.

Despite the good things that had happened in the last few months, there was still an underlying note of panic within the pack. Jade still being out of commission had hit the members hard, and there was a lot of new adjusting to get used to.    

________________________________________________________________________________

You had snuck out of the hotel room; the endless preparation for the boys' next appearance had become too much for you. Instead, you sat outside, staring out at the city and losing yourself in your thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?"

Tae had snuck up behind you, and sat down next to you on the roof of the hotel you were currently staying at while in Nevada. The lights of the city flashed before you, signs in a language that you hardly saw in Korea, a language you barely heard, lighting up and making their presence known.

"The pack, mostly. You. Shouldn't you be inside getting ready to go?"

"Nah. They can do without me for a few minutes. Besides," he murmured, moving closer to you until your sides were pressed flush against one another, "I could feel your worry from six floors down. What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure what's wrong. I just, I have a bad feeling that the worst isn't completely behind us."

Tae pulled you close to his side, arms tight around you as though you would disappear. "It can't get any worse. Hell, I won't let it get any worse, okay? We're all going to be fine. Jade will start remembering things, and it'll be fine. We've gotten through worse, remember? We've got this."

You leaned your head into his shoulder, just enjoying his company, and looking out over the Las Vegas skyline.

"I don't know, Tae. I've just got this feeling that something is about to happen." 

________________________________________________________________________________

In a landslide vote, BTS won the Billboard Music Award for Best Social Artist, and it was much deserved.

Yes, the world was at the best it could be.

But, it wouldn't be for very much longer.

-End

Well, congratulations to me and all of you for finishing this book! The Sequel will be beginning very soon, so please keep an eye out for "To the Moon and Back". As always, BONUS CONTENT will be within the next few chapters.  Special thanks to:

@namjin_forever for being the literal best beta reader ever.

Everyone and anyone who commented or spoke to me about Marked.

Please stay tuned, because there's always more on the way! Please vote, follow, and comment.

Always and forever,

Bastanubis29

DISCLAIMER: This story is a work of fiction.  The opinions expressed to not represent the true opinions, beliefs, and actions of BTS, Big Hit, the author, or any other party represented in this work. The representation of Korea in this work is that of pure fiction. All OCs are my own.