Chapter Twelve: Be Safe

March began on an upsetting note, as the boys were leaving for South America in a few weeks and the endless struggle that was being away from mates began. Taehyung and (y/n) were finally starting to know each other a bit better; she now knew more than the fact that he was a dog person.

Jade and Namjoon were being adorably gross in their newly engaged state, agreeing that Jade would be twenty when they got married, but even so picking out colors for the wedding anyway, and just being all-around easy to get along with and completely in love.

Dinah was a bit stressed that Yoongi was leaving so close to her due date, but it couldn't be helped when it came to the tour; this comeback was important to the boys and to the ARMYs. Dinah respected that, but was upset that there was a chance that the father of her child may not be there for the child's birth.

Jane, on the other hand, had been awaiting thismoment for what seemed to be ages; watching Jade's every move had gotten veryold, very quickly, especially since she had been partnered with Gun Ho again,despite her complaints to her alpha not to pair them together. Although she hadcomplained, he still sat next to her at a bus stop near the airport, watching themembers and their mates.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Be safe," Jade said, tightening a scarf around Jungkook's neck and poking both him and Jimin on each of their noses, "And don't give Namjoon a hard time."

"We won't, eomma!" Hoseok laughed, pulling her in for a hug, and the other boys joined in until she was hidden in a pile of idols.

"You'll take care of her, right?" Yoongi whispered to her, hugging her fiercely.

"Of course I will. Yoongi, don't worry about a thing. I've got this."

He released her, stepping back to say a proper good bye to Dinah, and Namjoon took his place holding her tightly.

"I'm going to miss you," he murmured into her hair, inhaling her scent before he'd be without her for months on end.

"I'll miss you too. But hey, if everything goes as planned, I'll be in the U.S. for your California shows. We'll see each other in about a month."

"Why can't you come with us?" he whined, knowing the answer but wishing that things could be different.

"Because I have classes, and if I come Yoongi will want Dinah to come, and then Tae will want (y/n) to come, and it'll be a mess to explain the three new faces in your entourage. Remember, your fans think that you're still single and ready to mingle, even though that couldn't be less true." Her eyes sparkled brighter than the ring on her finger, and Namjoon found himself trapped in her hazel eyes for the millionth time since they had met that fateful night in New York.

"I know, but it's just not fair. I want to show you the world."

"More like you want my spanish-speaking ass with you in South America."

"That would be nice," he admitted, "But I really am going to miss you."

"I know. Who wouldn't miss me?"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at her, and she sighed.

"Namjoon, it's going to be fine. I'll miss you, and you know there will never be anyone else. I'm the one who should really be worried," she continued, "you might find some amazingly-beautiful girl in Chile and fall in love with her."

"You know that that's not possible," he murmured, pulling her in and gently brushing her lips with his, "and that ring on your finger is proof."

"I don't care about the ring, Joonie, I just want you to come home to me safe and sound and healthy. Don't stress yourself out too much."

"I won't."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

________________________________________________________________________________

You and Taehyung were having a similar, if more awkward and less choreographed, goodbye full of fumbled hugs and tentative kisses to the cheeks.

"I'll miss you," he said quietly, reaching for another hug, and you giggled softly at him before allowing your arms to wrap around him.

"I guess I'll miss you, too," you replied, giggling into his shoulder when he stuck his lip out in a pout.

"You'll miss me, and you know it!" He exclaimed, holding your waist tighter and lifting you slightly off of the ground.

"Tae, people are staring!"

"The boys, Dinah, and Jade are the only people here, (y/n). No one's looking at us. And anyway, I wouldn't care; You're the prettiest one here." He said it so matter-of-factly that it was for you hard not to believe him

And you could feel his honesty, his complete adoration of you; it seeped off of him in waves. The empathy link between the two of you had gotten stronger the more time you had spent time together.

"(Y/n)," he said, lowering his voice to awhisper in a tone that made your name sound like a caress deep in his throat,"Let them stare. Just look at me."

________________________________________________________________________________

"You'll stay with Jade?" Yoongi questioned again, pulling Dinah into a hug and worriedly scanning her face for any signs of stress or pain.

She sighed, returning yet another hug and telling him yet again, "I'll be at her apartment the entire time you guys are away. It'll be fine. Both Jade and (y/n) will be there."

"I don't want to leave you this close to the due date."

"I'll be fine. You go get on the plane, they're waiting for you."

She stepped back into line with Jade and (y/n), arms raised in a wave to the boys as they entered the plane. Taehyung turned back around, and seemed to be weighing his options, before running back and pressing a searing kiss to (y/n)'s lips, a kiss that both Dinah and Jade politely looked away from, each smiling to themselves as they recalled their own first kisses with the power of the bond behind them.

As Taehyung jogged lightly back to the boys, cheeks slightly flushed, and looking a bit more rumpled than he had before, Dinah whispered very softly as an afterthought to herself, "what could possibly go wrong?"

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry about the short chapter, but I've been struggling through some writer's block. But please continue anticipating chapters! I'm not giving up! Feel free to leave comments below and throughout the story!