Chapter Eight: Isn't it Awful?

You and Taehyung both looked sheepish, and Namjoon and Jade let out a laugh, tension disappearing from the two of them at the awkwardness in front of them.

"A toast to the happy couple!" Hoseok laughed from the window, raising a thermos of coffee to the ceiling and breaking the tension in the room."

"So, when are you two going to have kids? I'm not getting any younger over here," Jin joked, over by the window next to Yoongi and Dinah. "Speaking of kids, Namjoon, Jade, you two have been together forever. When am I getting nieces and nephews?"

"All in good time, Jin, all in good time. Besides, Yoongi and Dinah's kid is going to be enough of a handful as it is. Do you really want more than one running around?" Namjoon asked.

"I think the real question is whether or not you really want the God of Destruction's offspring running around?" Jade joked, and Namjoon dropped her hand and acted as though he was shocked and hurt.

"They'd be equally yours," he accused, shaking his head at her sadly.

"So, they'd be terrible drivers and twice as bad at dancing," Jimin joked, stealing the thermos from Hoseok and chugging the coffee down.

"On my behalf, I'm offended. I could drive before I met this weirdo," Jade scoffed, shooting a fake glare Namjoon's way.

"And I was okay at dancing before I met her."

"Oh, please. You couldn't and still can't dance for the life of you."

You were struck by how simple and natural Jade and Namjoon's relationship seemed. They were so comfortable with each other, and knew where they stood; it was a beautiful thing to see two people so young, so irrevocably in love.

For a moment, you wondered if you and Taehyung would ever have that easy of a companionship; the unintentional skinship and joking camaraderie that came so easily to them seemed so far away for you and Taehyung.

"(Y/n), sit down, have a coffee. Or, some coffee," Jade waved a thermos in your direction. "Stay awhile. We may seem crazy, but we are all kind of sane."

"Hey, where's Jungkook? I want him to formally meet my mate," Taehyung asked, glancing around the room before quickly returning his gaze to you, his marked.

"His heat started; he's down the hall," Jade replied, tossing him the thermos and shaking her head.

"Oh. Will he be able to perform on Saturday?"

"We hope so. But all we can do is wait. Wait and hope for the best."

"Why can't we just go see him?" you asked, voice clear above the murmurings around the room, seeing that it bothered Taehyung to not be able to speak with Jungkook.

"He's not... safe for you to be around right now; he almost attacked me. He's not himself right now. He'll be fine in a few days," Jade replied.

"What do you mean, 'not safe'?"

"He's in heat, (y/n). It's kind of a werewolf period," Jimin explained, and Hoseok chimed in from next to him, "That's kind of what War of Hormone is about. Namjoon and Yoongi like hiding in plain sight."