Chapter 7

Mark is currently on his way to his best friends' house. He walks to the bus stop with his head low, it being full with thoughts. His mind went over and over today's events especially of when he met Yugyeom and BamBam. He still couldn't believe that he met the pair.

He felt bad for treating them the way he did. They had probably noticed something was wrong with him now.

Mark scoffed at the thought, kicking a tiny stone off the pavement as he continued walking.

How stupid was he? To think hiding in his office and leaving them alone was a good idea?

The couple had probably told Jackson how weird he was acting and what a strange guy he was.

The sad thing being, Mark felt like he didn't have any control over the situation, which he hated.

He wanted to say sorry to Jackson for making such a bad impression, he wanted to plead to Jackson to give the older another chance.

Mark sighs, tilting his head up to watch the sun set as he approaches the bus stop. The sky is purple, with some orange and yellow appearing here and there. It looks beautiful, but he can't seem to distract himself by looking at it.

While waiting for the bus to arrive, Mark's mind was clouded again with thoughts about Jackson. If there was only a way for him to ask Jackson to give him another chance.

Mark knew he couldn't just go and message the other, in his opinion that'd be awkward and not appropriate at all.

The brown haired boy wanted to tell him in person. Though he thought of doing so made him nervous as hell, he knew it was the only proper way to do it.

After a 25 minute bus ride which consisted of making a plan in his head for him and Jackson to meet up, Mark arrives at Jaebum's and Youngjae's house.

He rings the door bell and Youngjae opens the door after a few seconds.

"Hyung! I saw you coming through the kitchen window, come on in."

Mark smiles and walks in. "How have you been Youngjae?" he asks while throwing his shoes off and putting them in the corner of the hallway.

"I've been good, what about you?"

"I've been okay, I guess." Mark answers as he takes his jacket off and puts it away.

"What do you mean okay?" Youngjae asks, worry lacing his voice.

"I'll tell you guys later." Mark simply answers, not wanting to talk about it now.

They walk into the living room and they are greeted with Jaebum putting all the dishes he had made on the table, indicating they can eat soon.

"Hey Mark. Are you hungry?"

"I am, what have you made?"

"All sorts of things. Have a look and sit down, I only have one thing left to put on the table." Jaebum responds and walks in to the kitchen again.

Jaebum takes his apron off and carries the dish over to the table, carefully putting it down as he sits besides Youngjae, Mark facing him.

They eat together and have fun, laughing at some silly jokes and exchanging stories.

"It's good to see you laugh Mark hyung, you seemed to be pretty down when you just arrived here." Youngjae mentioned.

Mark's facial expression changes from a laugh to a somewhat sad expression. "What is wrong hyung, you know you can tell us right?" Jaebum says.

"I know," he is silent for a moment looking down on to his lap, "I just don't know how to explain this."

"Then try, we're all ears." Youngjae says, flashing him a smile and grabbing Mark's hand softly squeezing it.