Chapter 3 - New Home

This chapter is dedicated to Sora_Akatsuki! SO glad to see you back on Wattpad!! Happy reading!!

~~~~~~~~~

Kaya pov:

The only thing that I could hear now in the carriage was its rattling. The lord and his minister were silent and I obviously didn't want to interrupt the silence. I glanced at the lord's stoic face as he looked out the window before looking out of the carriage window myself.

It was probably evening because the sky was slightly orange. I could see trees in the distance but after a little while, I began to see rather old looking buildings.

The buildings weren't like the ones I remember seeing in the city. They weren't made of wood or concrete or steel and glass. There weren't any buildings taller than two floors high and they were all constructed out of either rubble masonry or sun dried bricks. They all had tall chimneys from which I could see light smoke escaping into the atmosphere. From what I remember reading in books, the buildings looked like those of renaissance architecture.

I narrowed my eyes slightly as I watched the outside. I was in a world I was completely unaware of and with weird people called Supreme who supposedly had special powers and needed human blood as a power and nutrition source. I was also in the hands of the strongest and most dreaded lords of this time. I had no idea of what would happen to me once we got to the 'castle' where the lord stayed. I wasn't looking forward to it at all actually.

The science experiment that Prof was handling definitely hadn't gone well. Despite all the double and triple checking we had done, the time machine had failed in the last minute and sent me to this crazy place. Well, my parents were always against me taking up this particular experiment as my internship project because they thought it was dangerous. Looks like they were right.

Ah, I could already picture getting a good long scolding from my parents. My mom was so going to boot my butt to the moon....if I ever got back home, that is.

I wonder if they already know that I've disappeared. They probably did because I'm sure almost a whole day had passed since I appeared in this world. We were a closely knit family and they were eagerly waiting for me to go home during the summer. I had planned to call them and tell them I couldn't make it because we had to rework on the machine that stupidly blew up in our faces. But knowing that I disappeared in the explosion, probably becoming nonexistent in my world, they'd be really sad....

I snapped out of my thoughts when the carriage jolted to a stop. A few seconds passed and the door was opened by the coachman. The lord stepped out and was followed by his minister who tugged on my collar to get my butt moving as well.

When I stepped out of the carriage and looked at the place where we had arrived, my jaw went slack. Right in front of me, beyond a high compound wall and huge iron gates was a humongous castle. It had a beautiful garden in front of and around it with different colored flowers, green bushes trimmed into different shapes and lush trees of differently colored leaves. Just like that of the other buildings I had seen from the carriage window, the castle was made of rubble masonry and had some of the walls plastered with some sort of white cement.

"Woah...." I mumbled out unconsciously but cleared my throat and averted my eyes when I felt the lord and his minister stare at me.

As we walked through the garden to the entrance of the castle, I didn't speak but I continued to observe my surroundings from under my lashes. I could see that there were quite a few people in the garden as well as inside the castle. Many of them wore collars like me and I guessed that they were humans. The ones who were dressed in royal clothes and had a dominating presence and appearance were the Supremes.