Chapter 24 - Truths Unraveled

Kaya pov:

I hummed a slow and rather romantic tune to myself while washing the dishes in the Art House kitchen. Three days had passed since Lord Silas's birthday gathering, three days had passed since he was almost assassinated again and it was a peaceful day with no disturbances or uneasy feelings. In fact, it was just wonderfully blissful.

Lord Silas had saved my life that day, we had kissed and he had asked me to be his mate. I was very surprised by his proposal – in fact, I hadn't even expected that he would kiss me until he really did even though I asked him to. It was a kiss that literally swept me off my feet and it had expressed so much that words could never convey. The desperation, the feeling of completeness during that moment of physical and emotional proximity as if we were two halves who had finally joined together and of course the sense of trust and affection were so strong, so overwhelming and honestly, neither of us could get enough of it. We had shared another heated kiss before we parted ways and it had left me thoroughly flustered and embarrassed.

The following times I went to Lord Silas to serve him tea or clean his room and study, I blushed madly at the slightest eye contact or touch we shared. Lord Silas didn't understand the reactions I gave him and he had asked me about it. I had no choice but to tell him honestly that I felt flustered, good flustered that is, when I was close to him. I felt ecstatic and euphoric to be accepted by him, to have my feelings returned and to have been intimate with him. He was still unable to understand my fluster though so he passed it off without too much thought, mostly because he knew that I was genuinely happy being with him.

I heard from Lord Silas himself that right after the assassin and Cyril tried to harm him, General Philon had had his men take them into custody. Both of them were stripped of their powers as Supremes and locked up in the prison hold but the actual punishment for them was yet to be decided. Seeing how serious this was and how much it had angered Lord Silas – not just because his life was threatened but because I was nearly killed as well – I wouldn't be surprised if he ordered for Cyril and the assassin to have a death sentence just like Lord Claude and Lord Leon.

Lord Silas was yet to make the announcement of him choosing me as his mate. There were some things that he had to take care of before he announced it and it was being done right now, I would assume. It would perhaps be a day or two before another gathering would be called upon to announce Lord Silas's engagement to me. I was excited and nervous about it and even as I thought of it now, I could feel a million butterflies in my stomach. First of all, I would be stepping into a new phase of life – more responsibilities, a change of atmosphere and a new lifestyle. Secondly, I didn't know what to expect as reactions from other Supremes, especially since Lord Silas wanted to have me as his mate – I was a mere human and my lifespan and strength was much less than that of Supremes. Would other Supremes even accept it? Would Lord Ivor and Lady Susan accept it? What if Lord Silas was stripped of his position because I wasn't worthy enough to be his mate?

I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts when the gushing sound of water from the tap stopped and I couldn't feel the water on my hands anymore. I looked to the side seeing Theo standing next to me and he gave me a smile when I met his gaze.

"You seem to be in deep thought....and you're wasting water." He said amused. I laughed and shook my head before moving away from the sink to wipe my hands try on a towel.

"Sorry about that....I guess I zoned out in the middle of washing the dishes." I confessed and turned to face him fully. "So, did you want something? Water? Or perhaps dessert?"

"No....I just came here to talk to you." He said and looked away uneasily.

"Talk to me? About what?" I coaxed.