Chapter 13 - Secret Help

The pic shows Silas's parents :) Just thought I should put it up since I've put up pictures of Silas, Leon and Aldora. They're a beautiful couple, aren't they? But I'm not sure if that beauty reaches all the way inside ^^'

~~~~~~~~~~

Lord Silas pov:

I lifted a hand to place it on my chest that was throbbing again from just a slight shift in position. Every movement I made caused the wound on my chest to hurt and the constant rocking of the carriage didn't help in the least. Clenching my jaw in annoyance I looked out of the window at the passing greenery in hopes that it could distract me from the pain.

I was exhausted from the seven day trip back to Eastcrest Town. The pain hadn't eased up even a bit because of the lack of rest for my body and I constantly felt feverish because of it. The only time I did get some rest was when we stopped to sleep during the night time. Although, because we were out in the open, I couldn't sleep soundly enough to help my body recuperate.

Right now, we were barely ten minutes away from Silverwyvern Castle and I was really edging to get off this carriage and go to my room where I felt most comfortable. I would be alone and I could get some rest instead of hold up my business façade as I had been holding up with great effort for these past days.

Just as we entered Eastcrest Town, I closed the curtains and looked at the blank space in front of me. I had no intention of having the townspeople see me in such a state – it was more than enough humiliation having my Art see me like this.

Speaking of Kaya, I looked at her as she sat in the carriage on the seat opposite to me. Aldora had insisted on having her travel in our carriage and sit next to her. I wasn't really bothered by having Kaya travel with us but I wasn't happy that Aldora was being so friendly with her. Humans couldn't be trusted and just because Kaya had warned me about the assassination, it didn't mean or change anything about the true nature of humans. At the end of the day, they were merely slaves to the Supremes and could be nothing more.

I narrowed my eyes as I watched her. She had her hands on her lap and she was looking at the floor of the carriage. She sat respectfully but comfortably with a content expression.

I was quite surprised by how she had reacted when I had called her the morning after the assassination attempt. I was extremely exhausted and I wanted to drink some of her blood to replenish some amount of energy to hold out firmly until we left Norshore Town. I had expected her to be a little shaken by what had happened and probably stutter out a question about my wellbeing. But I was quite surprised when she didn't even hesitate to get on her knees in front of me, look over my wound in shock and worry and even go to the extent of placing a hand on my chest. She had gone on about how I had a fever because of the pain and that I should be lying down and resting after taking something to help lessen the pain.

She had even made drinking her blood easier for me. She had noticed that I was finding it hard to bend down to her level and she had stood on a stool so I could be comfortable while drinking her blood. It was very odd to see a human not hesitate to help a Supreme, especially in the matter of drinking their blood.

Nonetheless, after I had drunk her blood, she had volunteered to button up my shirt, tie the Victorian knot around my collar and even help me put on my coat. I had felt very uncomfortable having a human be at such close proximity for longer than necessary so I had dismissed her the minute I had my coat on. She had left without another word.

During the time she travelled with us, she had given me worried glances every now and then, especially when I let out uncontrolled gasps or groans in pain. She had asked me several times if I was alright and if there was anything that she could do to help. I had refused flatly the first few times but when I had had enough of her pestering, I snapped at her rather harshly. As expected, she had flinched and she had stopped asking me anything after that – she didn't even meet my eyes like she usually did. However, I did notice her give me looks of worry every now and then and oddly enough, I didn't feel annoyed by it.