Chapter 22 - Unraveled Emotions

Are you guys ready for some heartfelt and tender moments as well as some unexpected twists?! O.o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaya pov:

"Take care of yourself, Kaya. Be happy and be safe....we'll miss you so much." My mother said while caressing my face. She had tears gathered in her eyes and seeing her this way was making it hard for me to leave.

"Don't look like that, Mom....you know I'm really bad at goodbyes and you're making it difficult for me." I said while placing my hands on top of hers.

"That's right, Honey. We have to send her off with smiles. We have to make her memories with us happy." My father said while placing a hand on mother's shoulder.

The day had passed by much too quickly. After spending some time with my family, my former lab mates had come over along with Prof to see me. They were overjoyed and we had spent hours on end talking about everything that had happened to us in the ten months we were apart. I had introduced Lord Silas to them and Sarah, the playful one of the lot, had openly teased me on getting a handsome guy for myself. I was flustered about it, all the more so because Lord Silas had heard it too, and I had chased her around the house trying to beat her up for embarrassing me like that.

It was definitely good to see everyone once again before I said goodbye to them forever. I had made up my mind on this matter, finding my feelings for Lord Silas and the fact that he needed me more than my family as reasons enough to go back. But at this last moment, I felt uneasy.

I shared a group hug with my family once again, closing my eyes and savoring it so I could hold onto the memory strongly even after I went back to Lord Silas's world. When we parted, I smiled and held back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Well, this is it." I said after taking a deep breath.

Mother, Father and Kaika nodded and we joined up with Prof and Lord Silas near the time machine. Prof looked at me with a smile and placed a hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"I've fed all the details into the machine for your journey back, Kaya. Take care of yourself and good luck with everything." He said.

"Yeah, will do, Prof." I responded with a nod.

"I've made a few alterations to the machine – this remote will activate the machine without anyone having to be inside it. Once the settings are made and the glass roof is closed, you press this button and it will send the machine back here."

"Ahh, so you don't want to part with your precious machine....I was planning on blowing it up to leave no evidence once Lord Silas and I got back." I said with a playful smirk.

"Don't even dare think of doing that!" Prof scolded. "I've shed blood, sweat and tears to make this machine and I ain't giving it up so easily."

I chuckled with a shake of my head and took the remote from his hands. I then looked at him smiling gently. "Thanks for everything, Prof....for coming to find me, bringing me back home and giving me a chance to see my family again. I have no regrets now."

"Stay well, Kaya. We'll miss having you around." Prof said with a ruffle to my head, dismissing my formal gratitude.

He then motioned for us to get into the machine. I nodded and glanced at Lord Silas to inform him that it was time for us to leave. He had maintained distance from everyone during the time spent here, staring at something in the distance lost in thought and not involving himself in any unnecessary conversation. But when we were alone for a while, he had asked me about the things he had seen here – the buildings, the vehicles and other things that the rest of us found to be common. His curiosity was adorable and no matter what question he asked, I had tried to answer them in a way that he would be able to understand.