Chapter 25 - A New Beginning

Kaya pov:

Kaya pov:

I chewed on my bottom lip in slight nervousness. I stood waiting next to Lord Silas, err, I mean Silas, just outside the ballroom where more than two hundred Supremes were gathered today. It was for the announcement of my engagement with Silas and I felt very nervous.

Thanks to the concoction that Silas had given me two days ago, I was now a full Supreme. Well, perhaps not full but a half Supreme. I could feel the difference in my body – I felt unusually stronger and my sense of smell, sight and hearing were a lot more sensitive than before. But the transformation was just as Silas had said – unpleasant. Under the effect of the concoction, I had gone though lightheadedness and a pounding headache for a good few hours which I thankfully recovered from after a good night's rest. When I came to Silas's office to see him this morning, he had told me that my transformation was successful and I was now a Supreme. I still had human blood though so Silas didn't have to choose another human to be his Art.

I was dressed much differently than how I usually was when I was an Art. I was wearing an expensive dress, one made of the finest satin I had ever seen and in the most beautiful blue color matching Silas's suit. The attendants, who were quite surprised to see this unexpected development between Silas and me, had put a simple necklace and matching earrings and a bracelet on me and I was helped into a pair of fancy slippers as well. I was thoroughly dolled up, or so I felt even though there wasn't much makeup or anything put on my face. But I looked as presentable as required – it was most important for this announcement.

"Kaya, are you alright?" Silas asked making me look at him.

"A-ah, Lord Silas.....I mean, Silas...." I mumbled, awkwardly correcting myself in between. "I'm just a little nervous...."

"You have no reason to be." He responded and cupped my cheek with one hand. "This is my decision and it does not matter what the others think. Choosing my mate is my right....and I will not give anyone the chance to question your worth."

"I know....I know that you will not let others to judge me but I was still just a human. Even if I've drank the concoction, I am still half human and have human blood pumping in my veins. I have a feeling that I may not be accepted by others even if you don't change your decision." I said softly while averting my eyes.

"You are the wife of the Absolute Lord now, Kaya. Have confidence." He pressed while running his fingers through my hair. "Your words are as absolute as mine and no one has to right to refuse or negate it. Besides, I am well aware that there is none as loyal to me as you in this castle – you have no reason to stay silent and take any insult that the others throw at you. You have every right to talk back if you wish."

I smiled at his words. I felt confident now that I knew that I wouldn't have to stay silent and accept harsh criticism that any other Supreme would throw at me and us in general. I felt a fierce determination bubble within me and I was ready to retaliate to anything that the other Supremes tried to mock us or degrade us with.