Chapter 9 - Journey

Just giving our Kaya some love! Hope you like another pic of her ;)

This chapter is dedicated to Sora_Akatsuki! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaya pov:

I let out a huff and put my hands on my hips. I looked at the spare clothes, the wooden comb, the two hair bands and two story books I had borrowed from Dean. I had them arranged neatly on a white cloth that I had to tie over in knots and carry as luggage.

"Well, this doesn't quite qualify as luggage because there's so less...." I mumbled to myself with a sigh.

Shaking my head, I got down on my knees and tied the cloth over the travel gear and picked up the bundle. I walked out of my room and to the courtyard where I would have to wait until I was summoned by Consul Aiden.

Two days ago, after Lord Sil had a meeting with his family that included his parents, Lady Aldora, Lord Leon and his wife Lady Edna, he had announced that he would have to go on a business trip to a town called Norshore. It was a fifteen to twenty days trip that included the travel time as well as the stay there and I had been ordered to accompany him because it was too long a time to be without drinking my blood.

Well, that wasn't the only reason. I had to go with him to make sure that I didn't get involved with any other Supreme. I understood what he meant when he said that because I was a little weirded out by the looks I had received from his parents and sister in law. It was similar to the way the Supremes had reacted to the 'scent of my blood' during the auction. They looked like they wanted it for themselves, like they were ready to do anything to get me to be their Art. I was just getting used to being Lord Sil's Art – there was no way I wanted to put in an uncomfortably situation again.

"You're ready, Kaya?" Theo asked, coming to stand next to me.

"Yeah, I guess. I've packed clothes and a few other necessities....so that makes me ready for the trip, right?" I shrugged with a smile.

"I suppose it does!" Theo grinned. "But we're all going to miss you! You're really fun to be around and I'm sure that more than anyone else, Elton is going to be real sad!"

I shared a laugh with him. It was true that Elton was kind of sad that I wasn't going to be around for a while. When I told everyone about the trip, Elton had whined and complained about not having any company in the kitchen. He also wibbled about having to do all the cooking and dish washing by himself until I returned. Just when he was starting to relax into the lessened burden of cooking and cleaning the kitchen every day, I was going off on a fifteen day trip.

As for the others, they said that they would miss me and also gave me words of caution that I had to keep in mind while travelling – the most important of that being 'Always stay close to Lord Sil and don't trust any other Supreme'.

"I'm going to miss you a lot too, you know?" Theo spoke in a softer tone this time distracting me from my thoughts.

I looked at him and he was smiling. He wasn't grinning or teasing like usual. He looked gentle and a little sad. Seeing him like this made me feel a little awkward and I didn't know how to react to him.

"O-oh, I guess I'll miss you too." I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah? I guess that's good to hear." He said while ruffling his hair. "We've been sharing a room since you came here and it's been just two weeks but I feel like we've become close. Besides, I think I...."

"Kaya?"

His words were cut short when a Supreme butler called out to me from across the courtyard. I was actually glad that Theo was cut off because his words seemed to be taking a different turn. I may be wrong about what I was thinking the conversation was turning into but if what I was thinking was true, I was definitely glad it was cut short of getting completed. I excused myself from Theo and walked to the butler.