CHAPTER 10

Previously

We got into my car soon enough and luckily the paparazzi are nowhere to be seen making me sigh in relief since I didn't know how to handle one if they took a picture of me and Lauren alone. I had my car's roof down and I smiled when I felt the wind pass my body it was another one of those refreshing moments where you worry about nothing at all. I glanced at my side and I noticed that Lauren was smiling as the wind pushed her hair back.

"Go faster, (Y/N)." She ordered and I quickly obliged by stepping on the gas making the car speed up then she throws her hands up in the air.

This was going to be a fun night.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV

I opened my eyes and tried getting up but there was something stopping me from getting up, looking down I noticed Lauren Jauregui was sleeping on top of me. Our legs were tangled and she cuddled closer to me every time I tried to carefully move away from her. I gave up when I knew I couldn't break free from her grip, deciding I would just watch her sleep instead and I smiled while running my fingers through her hair.

"You were pretty stubborn, Jauregui. But you still managed to make my heart beat fast for the little things that you do.." I mumbled to myself knowing she wouldn't wake up anytime soon and I looked out the window while smiling, seeing only a small amount of light come in by the window since the curtains were closed.

"Slow down, Jauregui!" I said and we arrived to the very destination that Ally gave me. Lauren got down and she looked around confused. "Why are we here, (Y/L/N)?" I shrugged and she sighed continuing to look around for Ally's 'friend'.

"Can't we just enjoy this for awhile?" She shook her head vigorously, figures she's still trying to convince herself that she doesn't feel it and it kinda hurt me that she was trying to forget it.

"Why are we here?" She asked while looking straight dead into my eyes and I felt myself stone at her question at me. Could she not just ask questions and enjoy this moment? She was fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt while looking around the place and this very small action stirred my curiosity towards her. "Will you stop asking why?"

"No not until you tell me why we're really here," stomping her foot in the process and I couldn't believe how childish she was being, it was really getting a bit annoying for my part. We arrived at the very ticket booth of the carnival and she widened her eyes when she saw that there wasn't so many people around at the moment.

"We're on a date. There are you happy?" I asked slightly annoyed that she didn't even worked up an effort to say anything to me and I knew it would take me sometime for her to realize her feelings for me but I was willing to wait even if it would hurt me in the end.

We tried every ride and every booth that was there. I only won a medium sized stuffed animal and we tried every food stalls that was available. Every time I tried to hold her hand she would either cross her arms or hug her stuffed animal, it was quite tiring as some say when you have to put a lot of effort just to show the person that you like you're willing.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Lauren's phone light up and I knew it was wrong but I had to see who was texting her this early in the morning. It was the last person that I wanted Lauren to talk to. I quickly but quietly got out of her grip and felt my eyes water by what I just read.

From: Babe 😘 (sent @6:58 am)
Babe, why didn't you answer your phone?
Are you out with that friend of yours? I'm coming over at lunch.

3 missed calls from Baby