Chapter 24

Derek's P.O.V

I'm starting to get worried about Scarlett I come in my daughter's room. "Laura, can I ask you something?" I ask. "Yes, daddy." I knew something was wrong Laura been crying. I take a sit next to her. "What did Mommy and you talk about?" I ask. "I asked why she wasn't here, why she'd leave... she said somethings are harder to explain. Then I told her about something." She cried. "What did you tell her?" I questioned. "I heard you and Uncle Peter talking about Sissy and I being born werewolves." She exclaimed. That was it she heard us talking about the full moon. "Where's Mommy?" She asked. "She went for a run, stay here please." I say. I go into the other room I tried and called Scarlett but no use. Suddenly I got a call from Peter. "Hello?" I say. "It's Scarlett, she's hurt pretty bad I caught her running I asked her what was a matter... she was shot with wolfsbane you need to get here. I already called Elena. She'll take care of the kids." Peter was acting like he was panicking.

I heard a knock on the door it was Elena. "Go. Now she's hurt pretty bad." Elena says. I run out the door I run towards her scent.   It lead to Deaton's I see Peter's car outside I go inside. "Back here Derek." I heard Deaton say. I saw her in her wolf form. "Why won't she change back?" That was the first question. "She kept saying she can't change back. Something that shot her the bullet was mixed with something." Peter exclaimed. "I cleaned out the wolfsbane, but I don't know what to do about her not changing back." Deaton says. "I'll leave you guys alone for a couple minutes." He said. "Derek." She spoke through our minds. "I can't change back, it hurts too bad." She says. "I know, but the wolfsbane is all cleaned out, can you try for me?" I asked. She tried and still couldn't do it. "It hurts, the pain it hurts." She exclaimed.

It isn't a full moon yet I took some of the pain away the pain I felt was a lot. I can tell why she didn't want to change back. I wondered why something like this. I go to call Elena. "Hey how is she?" She asked. "Not good, she won't change back. She said she was shot with a bullet that was mixed with something else." I exclaimed. "She's still in her wolf form?" She asked in disbelief. "Yeah, she said it hurts too much to change back." I exclaimed.   

Scarlett's P.O.V

I still laid on the vet clinic table in my wolf form I see Derek and Deaton having a conversation. "Maybe it's just the full moon, at least give her some time." I heard Deaton say. "Derek, I think I can change back." I say. He looked towards me and saw that I was trying to change back. He came over to me and sat down although I still haven't changed back. "I want to see my kids... but if they see me like this how am I supposed to explain?" I exclaimed to Derek. "I talked to Talia she told me what set it off. I know I should of been a different room, but sometimes I don't think." Derek says. "Can you take me home to the kids at least they think I'm a big puppy." I say. Derek sighs he knew he would have to tell the kids. "Sure, only if you feel up too it." He said. "I do." I say.