[Chapter 9] Keeping Secrets (Rewrite of Never Got A Chance)

Author's Note: You know what I realized? I'm always rewriting chapters...hmm... Anyways, I hope this one is slightly better than the last one and don't forget to tell me what you think. Thanks! -rac06h10ael

-Toby's POV-

Ian had planned this whole "Welcome Home/Graduation" party for Natalie for when she returned with him, Rachael, and Anthony. So he gave us a spare key he had taken from Rachael so we could set up while they were on their way. I was working on putting up decorations when Melanie came up behind me, "Need some help?" She asked, holding up two more rolls of streamers.

I smirked, "Sure."

She pulled up a chair next to me and got up on it, holding up the end of the roll while I taped it to the wall. "So, are you excited?" I asked her, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

"I guess," She answered.

"I know I am," I retorted, stepping down from the chair and helping her down as well, "I never really got a chance to talk to Natalie last time she was here. I was hoping maybe I could talk to her today. And if not, once she was settled in."

She grinned, "Aww, how cute."

"Yeah. Let's just hope Ian doesn't whisk her away again..."

I started to walk away when I heard Melanie inquire, "When did he whisk her away?"

"At the party we had for her a few months back," I answered, oblivious to the bit of hurt in her tone, "I was trying to talk to her when Ian came up with two drinks and took her away from me."

"Oh," Was all she could say. I turned away from her and went to go help with something else.

-Natalie's POV-

We arrived back in California around six in the evening. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was fall down on the couch in Rachael's (and now mine too) living room and fall asleep. We took a taxi from the airport to the apartment building and paid the driver before going inside.

We walked up the three flights of stairs with our luggage in hand because the elevator was "out of order". Rachael slid the key into the lock and turned the knob, only to be blasted with a loud greeting from all of the YouTubers. I looked over at Ian, who had a wide smile on his face.

"What is this?" I inquired.

"A graduation party for you with just us YouTubers. I thought you might like it!" He answered, his smile growing a little more.

"I...I love it!" I exclaimed as I pulled him into a hug, "Thank you."

He hugged me back before grabbing my hand and leading me inside, where everyone welcomed me gladly. I couldn't believe this was happening.

I was about to tell Ian something when I felt him not by my side anymore. I glanced over my shoulder and saw he was with Melanie, who was yelling at him. Their exchanges, though, were inaudible because of the chatter between everybody and the music playing in the background.

I was about to go and see what was up when someone tapped my shoulder. I spun around and saw Toby. "Hey!" I greeted, "You're here!"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He remarked with a laugh. I smiled. "Hey, I was wondering if maybe sometime we could do a collaboration."

My eyes widened. Was Toby Turner asking to do a collaboration with me? "Uh...sure! I'll go tell Rachael!" I was about to go and find her when he grabbed me by the arm.

"I don't want to do a collaboration with you and your sister. I want to do one with...just you," He stated softly as his cheeks grew a pink color.

-Rachael's POV-