[Chapter 18] Anniversaries

-Anthony's POV-

I woke up and glanced over at the alarm clock on my desk. It read 5:30 and the alarm was blaring its annoying ring. I pulled the pillow out from under my head and chucked it at the clock. The pillow hit it and caused it to fall to the ground, making the sound stop and most likely breaking the poor thing too.

I fell back asleep, only to be waken up about ten minutes later by my phone going off. I moaned as I flipped over and grabbed my phone off of the floor where it was charging over night. I squinted my eyes at the brightness and saw that Ian texted me. "You ready for today?" His text message read. There was also one from Rachael that was sent last night. "Hey, Natalie and I were wondering if you and Ian wanted to come over tomorrow night and play some video games with us and few other people. Please respond as soon as possible! Thanks!"

I was about to reply to her when I got a call from Kalel. I heaved a sigh and pressed the answer button, holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Anthony!" She greeted in an unusually perky tone for five thirty in the morning.

"'Morning, Kalel," I groaned as I flopped back down on my face, wanting to just go back to sleep.

"Is everything okay?" She inquired concernedly. I explained to her that I was just really tired, "Oh, well, do you have any plans for today?"

"Just making a video with Ian," I mumbled into my crinkled bed sheets.

There was a short moment of silence after I said that and before she remarked, "That's all?"

"And I might hang out with some friends later," I added.

"Anything else?" She inquired, a tinge of agitation in her tone, "Maybe something with me?"

"Kalel, I'm really busy today," I told her, sitting up, "I don't have time for a date." I waited for her response, but instead of her voice, I heard the ending buzz that indicated she hung up. I looked at my phone and rolled my eyes, locking my phone screen and sighing. I dragged myself of bed and walked into the bathroom, starting to get ready for the day.

-Rachael's POV-

It was around seven in the afternoon. Natalie was setting up the gaming systems while I paid the pizza delivery guy. Tonight we decided to have a game night with some of our friends. We invited everyone over, but only Toby, Sohinki, Anthony, Ian, Meghan, and Mari said they were able to come and play some video games and eat some pizza. Today was special - it was the three year anniversary of me moving into this apartment, or two year anniversary of Natalie moving in.

I set the pizza down on the counter and sighed, only Sohinki and Mari had shown up so far.

"Where is everyone?" I thought aloud.

"They're probably running late," Mari suggested, "I think Ian and Anthony were recording one of their videos today."

"What about Meghan and Toby?" I inquired.

"Meghan called me and said she wasn't feeling well," Natalie answered, looking at her phone, "And Toby said he should be here soon."

Just then, Anthony and Ian walked in. "Hey guys!" Ian exclaimed as he and Anthony walked through the door dressed in their costumes for their "My Fanny Pack" video. Anthony walked over to me and gave me a friendly hug.

"Let's get this party started!!!" Anthony shouted enthusiastically as he broke away from the embrace and walked over to the couch, plopping down and picking up a remote controller. Soon after, Toby arrived. Ian and Anthony had brought their camera and asked if they could film a special GameTime. Nobody objected and they recorded as we all took turns playing Mariokart while eating our dinner.