[Chapter 14] It's Nothing (Rewrite of "Hesitations (Or Lack There Of)")

Author's Note: Okay, so, as usual, I rewrote this chapter, making changes all over. But mostly making somewhat major changes to Natalie's POV and Anthony's POV and the conversations they have with Rachael/Ian. Anyways, hope you like this rewrite and don't forget to tell me what you think! Thanks! -rac06h10ael

-Toby's POV-

After dinner, I was getting ready to take Gryphon on a walk when my doorbell rang. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, "I wonder who that could be," I said to Gryphon before making my way to the front door. I swung the door open and froze.

"Hi, Toby," She greeted, "Are you busy?"

"I was just about to take my dog out for a walk...but I suppose I could do that later," I replied, "What's up, Melanie?"

"Nothing much. Ian's out with Anthony today doing something and the house was getting a little lonely. I was wondering if you and I could go out for a drink or something."

"Uh..." I glanced over my shoulder to see Gryphon walk out of the kitchen and stop in his tracks. "Sure," I spun back around, "Just let me clean up a bit."

She nodded her head in understanding as I rushed upstairs to change into something a little nicer than a stained t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. I slipped into some jeans, put a clean t-shirt on, and swiped a brush through the mess of hair on my head. I walked back downstairs and saw that Melanie was playing with Gryphon.

"You ready?" I questioned.

She glanced up at me with a wide smile on her face, "Yeah," She pet Gryphon one last time before rising to her feet and walking past me out of the door.

*****

I slammed down the empty shot glass and demanded for another one. I can't remember how many I've had so far - I lost count after the fifth shot. Melanie laughed as she did the same.

"This was really fun," I told her.

She looked over at me and in the darkness of the bar, I swear I saw her blush, "Yeah. I agree."

That's when I did the indescribable. I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or if it was genuine, but I leaned in and kissed her. And she kissed me back.

"Come back to my place," She insisted, pulling out of the kiss and biting her lip.

"What?" I asked her.

She grinned, running her fingers through my hair, "You heard me. I want you to come back to my place."

"Why?" I questioned.

In response, she only smirked, downed the shot glass the bartender just set down, and walked away. I picked up my shot glass and did the same. I pulled out some money and slammed it down on the counter.

"Keep the change," I told the bartender as I found my way through the crowd, following Melanie out.

-Natalie's POV-

"Hey guys!" I heard Anthony's voice call from behind me. I pulled out the kiss with Ian and spun around to see him jogging towards us, "It's getting late. We should be headed back," He announced.

"Alright," I replied as I glanced back at Ian one last time before walking in the direction we came from. The two guys followed shortly behind me.

I got in the backseat and saw Rachael was already in the passenger's seat, staring out the window. She looked upset. Anthony hopped in the driver's side and Ian slid into the backseat with me. He slid his hand under mine and interlocked our fingers. I glanced over at him and blushed.