Four

Laura's POV

How could I be so naive. Possibly thinking that Ross had suddenly become nice over a period of a couple of days.

I don't even know why I waste my time being angry at him! I can't express my anger further than storing it in my mind. Not even yelling at him last night made me feel better.

If I never see him again it'll be too soon.

I angrily flip open my phone as Georgia's ring tone sounds. I huff and speak calmly, not wanting to alarm her too much.

"Hey Gee"

"Hey Laur. I just want to thank you again for yesterday. It was truly the best day ever. It's all thanks to you"

I smile and have a warm feeling inside. Not from the anger but from happiness. Making Georgia happy is the best medicine. That's all that matters.

"It was no trouble at all"

"Considering you hate Ross' guts, you really went all that way just to make me happy"

"You got that right. I'm so glad you're happy. I really- I pause when I hear mumbles in the background.

"Is someone at your house?" I ask curiously

"I'm at a cafe with my Mum" she replies rather quickly.

"Okay then. Ill see you at school tomorrow. Bye" I rush and put my phone on the bed, sitting down next to it.

I know when Georgia is lying. She's hiding something, but I'm honestly too stressed to try and get to the bottom of it.

Ross' POV

"She's so annoying!" I holler at my brother.

"I get it. You like her" he replies, rolling his eyes and fiddling with his guitar.

"I do like her. Like I like every girl I meet. I've never loved someone before, I just date them. You know how it is!" I reply back more annoyed than before.

"I get it, but I don't think you do. You'll figure it out, just wait."

"I don't have time for this! You don't understand how mad she's made me!"

"Yeah I do. I get it. You're mad, she's mad. Love, hate relationship. Got it"

"There's no love about it, I don't love girls"

"You love this one"

"Stop Riker!" I below once more. As the eldest I would expect him to be more helpful.

I may be in the wrong about the whole situation but I'm still mad at Laura. She shouldn't have reacted the way she did. She pushed me too far and now I'm too far to come back. I could never enjoy her being mad at me again if she's going to act like that. I prefer her silent reactions where she flushes in anger and scrunches her face up in the cute way she does. A love, hate relationship does sound cool though. But I don't love her so maybe just a hate relationship?

I like her though. It's not love and it's not a crush. It's just an attraction. I can certainly say I'm attracted to Laura. Totally attracted.

...

Laura arrived at school the next day later than she expected. All the stress and anger has kept her up late at night.

She enters through the front doors and up to her locker. She spots Georgia on the opposite side, girls gathered around her for some reason.

She waves and signals her to come over. Georgia quickly but hesitantly approaches her friend by their lockers.

Only one look has to say what Laura is thinking. Why she was crowded by those girls? They still peered over in awe and amazement as if she achieved a gold medal in the Olympics. Just like the time they found out they were scheduled to meet R5.

"They're just fascinated that we all went out yesterday" she explains. Great, they know Laura was with them.

"I figured" she plainly replies, pushing her way past to open her locker.

"Are you mad at me?" Georgia questions.

"No" she debates whether to show her anger towards Ross but decides to keep it to herself for now.

"I'm sorry" she continues. "I'm just stressed out a bit. You know I don't like attention"

Georgia nods in comprehension. She does know her friend is rather shy around big groups. On the other hand, she loves it and is especially looking forward to the attention she's expecting to receive. But everyone knows something Laura is still yet to acknowledge.

Throughout the day they stop and start in the hallway. Constant pestering from girls about the day out they all had yesterday. Some whispers Laura wasn't aware of, but she chose not to care anyway.

Laura seems to be a little bit bothered by the secretive whispering between Georgia and a few girls in their grade. She isn't normally nosey but this time she is eager to know what everyone else does.

"I feel like there's something you're not telling me" she doesn't hesitate to get straight to the point.

"They're just still amazed" she says excitedly.

"Alright then" she mutters before both girls catch the bus. All Laura wants to do is curl up in her bed and do homework in peace, the way she likes it.

At about nine in the evening there's a knock at her door. She creeps past her Mothers bedroom and quickly down the stairs. Who could it be at this time?

She can see through the windows on either side of the door that it's Georgia and doesn't hesitate to open.

"Georgia?"

"Ross?!"