Five

Ok so I didn't reach the vote goal but I had to update because it has been ages since the last chapter..please can I get 30 votes on this chapter?

...

Just when I thought I wouldn't have to see Ross again he shows up at my doorstep.

"Hey guys" I fake a smile and invite them in. It's 9pm and my parents are asleep while my best friend and a stranger are sat in my living room.

"Sorry we came late Laur, I just couldn't wait to tell you the news!" She blurts as soon as they sit down.

I fake a smile again and avoid eye contact with Ross.

"Ross asked me out!" She exclaims, catching me off guard. My eyes grow wide at her words. No explanation or build up, just a quick bit of information.

"That's cool guys, congratulations" I fake a smile once again. I'm not exactly thrilled especially because it means Ross will always be around! I don't know how I should feel. Happy that my best friend has a boyfriend but confused that's it's Ross? I don't like him!

Lastly, why did they rush to tell me? I honestly don't care.

"Sorry I just really wanted to tell you!" Georgia grins and leans into Ross. He stays smug and smirks at me. What game is he playing at?

"It's okay, I'm happy for you both" I don't need to fake a smile this time. I'm certainly happy for Georgia, but I still think she deserves better.

The attention in school is going to be unbelievable. I won't be able to escape it. Georgia and I go everywhere together which means so will everyone else!

They don't stay long and soon leave. Ross eyes me up and down before he leaves, enjoying the situation. He knows I don't like him which is why he'll be enjoying every second he gets to torture me with his presence.

At least Georgia wins.

...

Just as I expected, the attention in school is horrendous.

"This is amazing!" Georgia cheers before slamming her locker shut.

"Woo" I roll my eyes and lean against mine.

"This is my dream come true. Everyone dreams of dating their celebrity crush, and now I am!" She grins into her pocket mirror and wipes lip gloss from the side of her mouth.

I think Georgia may be loving school now more than I do. It must feel cool to date your crush though.

"Any boys you like in school?" She insanely asks.

"You know I'm not that type. But Jake is pretty cute, we're just friends though" I frown slightly. Jake is a guy in my history class. He has gorgeous green eyes and brown curly hair. He's much taller than me but I don't think he seems to mind. He's smart too; us two are the top students. Now that I think of it, it would be cool to go out with him on a date. I don't know if he likes me, but we talk and stuff.

"We should totally double date!" she suggests. I furrow my eyebrows in thought and eventually agree.

"Sounds cool but how do I ask him?" I blush

"I'll handle it for you" she winks and links her arm with mine. We skim through a crowd of girls towards history. I start to feel butterflies in my stomach as we walk to our desks. Jake smiles at me and I smile back before hiding my face in my bag. Georgia taps my shoulder and wiggles her fingers and approaches Jake. Now my heart is beating in my chest. I hear her mumble and see Jake smile flirtatiously. He actually said yes?!

"He actually said yes?!" I shout in a whisper. I feel my cheeks flush and a tingle run through my fingers. Wow this is exciting. I'm actually going on my first date!

Ross' POV

This is a weird feeling. I've never asked a girl to be my girlfriend before until now. I don't like Georgia in that way. She's a sweet girl but I wouldn't date her. Ironically, I am.

I can't help but feel guilty. I don't mean to hurt Georgia and to trick her into thinking I really like her, but it's the only way I can make Laura jealous! I'm done with feeling like the third wheel whenever I'm with her.

I play on my guitar until I receive a text.

From Georgia

Hey :) Do you want to go out tonight? I've invited Laura and a friend if you don't mind x

As soon as I read Laura's name my heart beats faster. Of course I'll go, because Laura will be there.

I rush to chose what to wear. I have no idea where we're going but probably to a diner or something. I pick out a shirt and jeans, ruffle my hair in the mirror and throw on a pair or converse.

I excitedly drive to the address Georgia texts me and find myself outside a fancy restaurant.

I pace up and down waiting for the girls and their friend to arrive. I'm taken aback when I see Laura in her dress. The floral pattern goes perfectly with her light skin tone and the dark heels really top it off.

I bite my lip to hide a grin, until I see a guy with her. I mentally smack myself for not thinking about her bringing a guy. I can never win with her!

He must be the same height as I am, but in heels, Laura reaches his ear. I can already feel the awkward tension between Laura and I. This probably isn't going to go as well as I had hoped.

When we're allocated a table, the girls sit beside each other and us guys opposite them. When her date smiles at her she giggles and twirls her curly hair between her fingers. I can already feel my blood boiling.

"Let's order then" I suggest to interrupt their flirting but nothing helps.

He reaches his hand across the table to take hers. He leans forward to talk to her better, I lean against the window beside me and decide to play his game.

"You look incredible tonight" I tell Georgia loud enough for Laura and her guy to hear.

"Jake" Laura giggles and playfully taps his hand at something he said. I feel the anger building up inside more and more every time they touch and laugh.

A waiter comes over to our table and takes our order.

"What would you like Laura?" Jake asks.

"What would you like Georgia?" I ask almost instantly.

I felt a competition between us but Jake seems oblivious to it; just like Laura. During the meal, Jake wipes something from Laura's mouth, their faces extremely close. I could've flipped over a glass of water there and then I was that bothered by it. The way they would flirt and lean in made me wish we could be on a proper date. I would do anything to be able to talk to Laura like that. Calmly and flirtatiously. That would be perfect.

At one point, Laura comes over to me and touches my forearm. I feel a tingly sensation running through my arm and don't even realising my lips parting slightly when I turn to her.

"Are you alright?" she asks like she really cares, which she probably does, I'm just too much of a jerk to allow her to be kind.

"I'm fine" I let out a breath i didn't know I was holding and smile softly. She smiled back and went back to Jake, automatically making my smile fade away.