Six

Laura's POV

Yesterday was a good night with Jake. I had lots of fun and so did Georgia, but Ross didn't I suppose. I almost feel bad for him, but I haven't done anything to upset him. I don't want to feel sorry for him because I hate to give people sympathy who don't deserve it. I still don't like him, but a little less that when we first met. He's growing on me, but I don't see us becoming friends to be honest.

Jake on the other hand, I do like him. He made me feel special last night, like we were the only people in the room. I've waited so long to find a guy who can make me feel like that. Incidentally, I don't have real feelings for him. He's just a charmer. I really hoped I would feel something special towards him, but I guess he's just not the right guy.

Right in the middle of my thoughts, Georgia calls me.

"Hi Georgia, what's up?"

"I was just wondering how you thought yesterday went? Have you called Jake or has he caled you?"

I sigh. "Yesterday was lovely. Jake is lovely. But despite how sweet he was, i don't have real feelings for him"

"Oh that's a shame. I was looking forward to Ross and I double dating with you two"

"Speaking of Ross, is he okay? He seemed...upset yesterday"

"Um, i think he's fine? I thought you didn't like him?"

"I don't (I think) but i feel like i've upset him and to me, whether i like him or not, it's not okay to upset him"

"He's a nice guy Laura. If you feel that bad, call him"

"Okay, I will"

No one's POV

Laura twiddled her thumbs over the key pad of her phone, feeling nervous about calling Ross. It feels strange for her to since that's what he's wanted all along, and pleasing him wasn't part of her goal. Anyway, she dials the number he first gave her and waited till the ringing stopped. After two rings, he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ross it's...Laura"

"Laura, hi" he says in surprise

Laura twirls a piece of her hair between her fingers and purses her lips. "I'm calling because i feel like i upset you yesterday. You didn't smile once until i spoke to you" Without knowing herself, she answered her own question.

"No, no. It wasn't you exactly. It's nothing, don't worry about it" But Laura still worried

"Ross" her calm, sweet voice made Ross melt. "You're still upset, i can tell. Let me make it up to you. Why don't we go on that, as you called it, 'date' today?" Ross smiled through the phone.

"That sounds great" he replied, emphasising the great.

Their conversation dragged on for a while. Throwing back and forth suggestions for their 'date' which they now decided to call an 'anti-date'. They could've called it a day out or just simply meeting up, but the idea of the opposite of a date interested them both.

After deciding on dinner and a movie, Laura headed straight upstairs to get ready. She hesitantly called Georgia beforehand and stated that she and Ross were going to hang out. She expected Georgia to feel slightly jealous but she replied with joy.

'Thats great! I'm so glad you guys can get along now! :) :) xx' was her exact text.

'Hold on, I didn't say I liked him just yet. We'll see :)' Laura replied, relieved her best friend was cool about this.

Just before she chose her outfit, her phone sounded. She saw a text from Ross.

'By the way, wear a dress. The restaurant has a dress code. x' the text seemed kind of weird since they were acquaintances but she thought nothing more of it and chose a dress.