Seven

It was now 8pm and Ross still hadn't woken up from his unconscious state. Laura remained by his side, her eyes becoming even more red and puffy every time she cried. She wasn't quite sure why it affected her so much since he wasn't dying, but after the dinner they had, she was growing to like him. He's not as bad as she thought he was.

She hoped that soon he would wake up. She felt as if she deserved the blame because she didn't push the boy off as soon as he started talking to her. She should've walked away and minded her own business, but in hinds sight, it was too frightening to do so.

She just watched Ross. Not in a creepy way, but in a sympathetic way. She only now realised that all this time, he just wanted to be her friend. By his actions, she thought he found it amusing to argue with her. She knows now that he only wanted to get to know her. She pushed him away, and the one time she allows him to hang out with her, he gets hurt.

His nose was black and blue. The side of his bottom lip was cut and swollen from the forceful punch that guy threw at him. His right knuckle was cut and bruised from when he punched the guy in the jaw.

She brushed her hand over his knuckle and felt the dry and bumpy skin rub against her soft palm like hands on a rough carpet.

She placed a small kiss on his knuckle as if to take the damage away. She gently traced his lips and stroked the swollen edge.

She never noticed how kissable his lips were.

What?

She couldn't help but fall in love with the deed he did. He saved her from being hurt by the boy. Possibly abused and molested.

He must care about her if he rushed to save her from the scene.

It was brave.

Amazing.

She noticed Ross flinch at the cold touch on his cut lip. Laura backed away slightly and watched as he groaned in pain and attempted to move. He opened his eyes to see Laura's burning red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

She slowly smiled and laughed. "You're awake!" she exclaimed and threw her arms around him as best as she could because he was lying flat on a sofa.

"W-what happened?" he asked deliriously. His head was pounding, not to mention the excruciating pain in his nose.

He brought his hand up to his nose and held it. He cursed under his breath and looked at his hand.

"Did i? did I get in a fight with someone?" he asked in confusion.

Laura nodded. "A boy was harassing me at the bar. He tried to kiss me so you ran over and tackled him to the ground" she explained. "You saved me" she said after a pause.

"Oh. I remember running over to you, but then it all went black." He winced in pain. "Did he hurt you?!" he asked loudly and shot up slightly from the sofa.

"No, no" she said pushing him back down gently. "He didn't hurt me. You protected me" she smiled softly.

For a moment everything was silent. Ross and Laura were stuck in each other's gaze. Laura scanned Ross' bashed up face. She swiped her thumb over his lip again and began to lean in.

Nothing made sense.

Everything felt right.

And suddenly, their lips connected.

Ross was shocked but kissed back instantly. Their tongues tangled together in their passionate and random kiss.

Ross' hand came up to her back. He rubbed it softly and savoured every dying moment of the kiss.

Ross winced in pain when the kiss got a bit rough. Laura pulled away quickly as Ross' eyes fluttered back open.

"Oh my god" was all Laura could say

_________________________

THEY KISSED

Rauraaaaa

Sorry it was short. Next update will be tomorrow :)