Chapter 3: Shower Incidents, Awkwardness, and Suspicion

Once Dean collapse onto his bed, he shut his eyes. Soon, he had managed to forget that Castiel was standing naked under the running water in the room connected to his. Just knowing that he could go in there at any time and find Cas bare and vulnerable sent a shiver down his spine. However, the thought was ignored when there was a thud from the bathroom.

"Cas?" Dean raised his eyebrow as he put his ear up to the bathroom door, "You doing okay in there?"

"No, I seem to be in a bit of a situation. Can you help?" Cas asked with a strain in his voice.

Just fucking great, Dean thought. While shielding his eyes, he stepped into the bathroom. To his surprise, he found Cas wasn't overexaggerating at all, as he saw that the fallen angel had found a way to tangle himself between the layered shower curtains and a bar of soap had fallen off the wall of the shower.

"Cas, how the actual fuck did you manage to do this?" Dean sounded annoyed as he approached his friend.

"I was just taking a shower like you showed me, Dean," Castiel attempted to shrug, but his hair was being tugged against his will.

"Okay, I'll try to get you out," Dean sighed as he kneeled down by the shower and tried to untaingle the curtains from Castiel's arms.

Once Castiel was free from the curtains, Dean realized how... close he was. His eyes widened before he shifted his gaze to focus on Castiel's face, which always seemed to be tilted to the side and squinting. 

"Dean? Did you want to talk about something?" Castiel questioned as Dean got up from the ground, shaking off invisble dust.

"No, uhmm, are you sure you know how to take a shower, because that usually doesn't happen," Dean nervously laughed, guiding his shaky hand to the back of his neck.

Castiel looked around the shower, "Yes, I," he picked up a bottle of shaving cream and turned to face Dean, "I put this in my hair next, yes?"

Dean facepalmed as he took the can from Castiel's grasp and placed on the counter next to the sink. "No, you put that in your hair!" he gestured towards the bottle of shampoo on the edge of the shower wall.

"I see, I guess I've been showering wrong," Castiel looked up at the shower head.

"One day you'll get it," Dean turned to head out before Cas needily grasped him by the forearm.

Dean looked at his hand like it was a demon, "Yes?" he looked up to Castiel.

"Can you show me?" Castiel's eyes sparked and water beads dripped from his hair, giving the illusion of tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Cas, I cant just--"

"Please, Dean. I can't seem to grasp the concept," Castiel cut him off.

Dean rolled his eyes. "I guess I can, but there is no way in hell I'm getting in there until u put something on," Dean added.

Castiel nodded and reached across Dean for the boxers he had recently disposed of, and slipped into them. He looked up to Dean, who was now only in his boxers and a white undershirt. Dean mumbled to himself something that was beyond's Castiel's hearing before he climbed in right behind him.

"Okay, so first thing's first, you put this in your hair and scrub it into your scalp," Dean squirted some of the shampoo into the center of his palm and rubbed his hands vigoursly together, creating a lather before running them through Castiel's hair. "Now, with this one, you can wash it out once you've run it through your hair good enough to get somewhat foamy," he leaned Castiel back into the stream of running water, wringing out the foamy substance, trying to keep focused, even with the glistening look the soap gave Castiel as it ran down the front of his chest and caught itself at the waist line of his boxers. To make sure that he had learned properly, he would have Cas try it on him, seeing as he might as well take a shower too while he was in there.

Castiel simply nodded and was further instructed to do the same with the conditioner.

"Okay, well after you rinse that out, the only things is to run this all over yourself, rinse, then you're done," Dean stated before squeezing past Castiel and climbing out of the shower. He gathered his clothes and headed towards the door, until Castiel caught his attention. 

Castiel was peeking around the curtains. "Hey, Dean," he waited for Dean to face him before he continued, "thank you."

"You're welcome," Dean smirked. He shut the door and dressed in some of his other clothes.

A few minutes later, Castiel entered the room, covering himself in a towel and holding his blood-stained clothes in his arms. Dean handed some of the clothes on the bed to him, and he took them thankfully and dressed while Dean went downstairs to get something to eat.

"Hey, you take a shower?" Sam stated more than questioned.

Dean nodded as he ravaged through the kitchen hoping to find something to make a burger, or other greasy mess. Soon, Castiel descended the stairs into the living area and covered his mouth as he yawned.

"Cas, you took a shower too?" Sam indicated.

Cas nodded, still yawning. When he stopped, he added, "Yes, Dean showed me how and offered me practice."

Sam turned to Dean, "Oh, is that so?" he smirked at his older brother. "Dean, I had no idea."

"Oh shut your pie-hole. It wasn't like that," Dean bit into his newly made burger.

"Sure it isn't," Sam winked at Cas.

"I, I don't understand," Cas tilted his head.

"It's okay, Cas, becuase I do," Sam chuckled.

"No you don't. I'm going to bed, bitch," Dean spat as he hurried past them both and scampered up to his room.

"Okay, jerk! See you in the morning," Sam had a chance to call out before Dean slammed his door.

"So, you and Dean?" Sam raised an eyebrow at the fallen angel.

"Sam, you heard your brother, it is nothing of that nature. He is just showing me how to be human," Castiel corrected.

"Why does it have to be Dean. Anyone, like Kevin or myself, could teach you how to be human," Sam further poked around.

"Well, Dean and I have a more profound bond," Castiel blankly stated.

"Yes, that's what I'm trying to stay!" Sam teased.

"Oh, no, nothing of that. I just meant that since I was the one who gripped him tight and raised him from perdition and left that scar on his body, that we share a bond. Bonds like this happen often between angels and other humans. However, this is by far one of the strongest bonds. The only other ones that come close to this magnitude are of those who fall in love with the human they are watching, which is strictly forbidden and mostly results in death," Castiel retorted.

"Okay, Cas, if you say so," Sam shrugged, walking off to go to the shooting range, seeing as Dean won't let him leave until he has full physical capabilities. 

Castiel still felt himself drained of energy from his grace being forcefully extracted from him in his vessel, so he soon stumbled up the stairs to his own room and knocked out with the lights.