Chapter 19: Trial

Chapter 19: Trial

"Finally," Sam exclaimed, "I found one of these fuckers."

After two days of looking and with Dean and Cas still gone, Sam had finally come across a demon related case. He grabbed his jacket and headed out of the bunker after scribbling the address of the incident on a piece of scrap paper.

~~

Sam arrived in town and immediately began to question the locals. After a while, he eventually went to the location he wrote down and began looking for anything. He came across a clue that lead him on the search for the demon.

It turned out that there was indeed a demon, but not just one, an entire swarm of them. Sam managed to retrieve one and he threw them into the trunk of his little car and headed back to the bunker, hoping that Dean and Castiel were still on a case.

~~~

When he arrived at the bunker, he noticed that there wasn't any other cars - a 1967 Chevy Impala to be specific - outside. He decided it was safe to bring in the demon so he popped the trunk and dragged it inside. He made sure to bound the demon in iron with carving etched into it, keeping the demon inside the vessel, as well as taping it's mouth shut.

Once he got it into the bunker with little problems, he opened the door to the cellar where the video he and Kevin watched took place. He strapped the demon into a chair and walked over to a table on the other side of the room. He took eight empty syringes, filling them up one by one with his own blood, and placing them back onto the rack that was probably originally used for small test tubes.

He gave te demon the first dose, and watched the demon squirm for a moment. Sam didn't know what to expect; this was his first time attempting this. The demon growled through the tape, but it was muffled. Sam heard footsteps upstairs and figured the duo was finally back. Figuring it was safe to leave the demon down here for an hour, he headed upstairs to meet his brother and the fallen angel.

"Hey, what took you guys so long?" Sam inquired.

Castiel blushed and looked at the ground. Sam furrowed his brows in confusion and looked to his brother, who was fishing a beer out of the fridge.

"Well, it turned out to be a couple of ghouls," Dean responded, grabbing two clanking beers and heading into the other room.

"I see, did you gank all of them?" Sam continued to interrogate, grabbing the offered beer from Dean's hand.

Dean cracked open his beer and nodded before taking a sip. Once he was done, he began to ask, "So, what'd you do while we were out?"

Sam began to get nervous, but shook off the feeling to keep his cool, "Nothing. I looked for a case, but no such luck."

"I guess we'll just have to wait, then," Dean shrugged, sitting on the couch next to Cas.

~~~

Before Sam knew it, he was onto the sixth dose. It was about 2a.m., but he wasn't tired. He was too determined to sleep. Managing not to wake anyone up, he crept downstairs to the demon and injected it for the sixth time. This time, unlike the others, the demon seemed... friendlier. Like it wanted to be cured, to be saved.

 As Sam made his way to his room, he started feeling dizzy from the blood loss he gave away hours earlier. He was able to fight it for six hours, to not stir more suspicion from his brother, who was already growing curious with his frequent trips out of the room for minutes at a time. Luckily, he made it to the bed before his legs gave out on him. Just two more doses to go, and this will all be over.