Chapter 12: Bounty Instead of a Halo Above Your Head

"So, when do you think we should tell Sam?" Castiel inquired, stitching his eyebrows together in a questionable manner.

Dean held the door open for the fallen angel as the exited the bar, "I don't know. I mean, do we even know what we are?"

Castiel looked at the ground as they walked down the street, "Well, we did have intimate relations," Castiel blushed.

"Why do you have to say it like that? All proper and what-not," Dean chuckled at the fallen angel.

"It's just the way I am, and you don't seem to mind it," Castiel winked shyly.

"Oh, when did you become such the smooth talker?" Dean joked.

"I learned from the best," Castiel looked up at Dean, who seemed to be blushing, although he couldn't tell from the absence of light on the street.

Castiel leaned over to give a peck on Dean's check, "Maybe you could teach me some other things?"

Dean smirked, looking towards the ground, "That can be arranged."

As they walked by an alleyway, Dean pulled Cas into it. Castiel thought it was a lession, but soon realized different when he saw Dean slide his angel blade from his jacket pocket. 

"What is it?" Castiel whispered.

"I think someone followed us from the bar," Dean never shifted his glance from the street, hoping to surprise whoever or whatever was following them.

After a few minutes passed, Dean decided to peek his head around the corner, demanding that Castiel stay in place. He looked up and down the street, then once more, before sinking back to Cas.

"I don't see anyone," Dean confirmed, but still wasn't totally convinced, still watching the street illuminated by the streetlamp.

There was a faint fluttering of wings, and Dean turned in his tracks, guarding Castiel, with his blade ready at his side.

"Which one are you?" Dean demanded an answer.

"All you need to know is that I'm on the winning team, I am Bartholomew's follower," the angel stated frankly.

"And what are you doing here?" Dean hollered.

"I'm here to take your little boyfriend here to my master. He'd like to do a few things to him," the angel looked Castiel up and down, smirking.

"Over my dead body!" Dean whipped the blade to the angel, who teleporting at the last possible second, resulting in only a minor cut.

"As you wish," the angel smiled, raising his hand to perform some smiting.

As the angel steppped foward, a second one appeared behind Dean and held him in place, smacking the angel blade from his hands. Dean struggled against his grasp, but to no avail.

"Any last words, Winchester?" the angel hissed in his ear, tightening his hold.

"Yea, Actually I gotta a question. If Heaven is closed for business, what happens to you dick bags when I do this?" 

Before getting an answer, he forced the angel back against the brick wall to escape. Upon doing so, he pulled the collar of his shirt to the side, revealing an angel banishing spell stained on his skin. He slammed his palm to the center of the symbol and the alley was exploding with bright white light.

When it dimmed down, Dean lowered his arm he had shielding his eyes and looked around.

"Cas?" he whispered into the air.