Chapter 10: What? I Like Dream You

Sam and Gabriel scurried off to the front porch, but Dean and Castiel lingered behind, still soaking in the sight of each other. Castiel didn't expect to get out, he didn't know where he was, until one of the younger boys mentioned it being his home. Castiel looked towards the boys in front of the door on the porch, talking and what-not.

"Well, I guess I'll see ya at school," Castiel wasn't all too sure of how to approach this situation, as he just recently gained the burden of having emotions, and was still fairly new to him.

Castiel noticed Dean smirking at him wickedly, staring at Castiel's lips with hunger and lust.

"Dean, why--" Castiel was interrupted by the sudden crashing of lips.

Castiel didn't know what it was, but he knew he liked it. Him and Dean, it just felt right. They had been through so much, but in that moment, it was just the two of them. He released his tensed state of being and melted into Dean's touch. Without thought, he reached for Dean's hair, giving it a slight tug, and he heard a moan escape from Dean's throat, so he assumed he enjoyed the touch, so he continued.

Cas was let out of the car by Sam, who still looked strikingly yound to Castiel, and he felt rather uncomfortable with the whole situtation. However, the longer he stayed in this world, the more he thought it was real, and the more he longed to stay there forever. Everyone and everything he knew just seemed, happier here. He was with Dean, or he assumed from the incident in the Impala, and not only did he get to see Gabriel again, but he was also happy. 

Castiel hadn't noticed he had reached the front door until he heard something from the window. He looked over to see the curtains pull back, believing it was his brother peeping. 

Castiel, buddy, you gotta come back to me. I, I need you, man. Please. Castiel heard the voice, and this time he recognized it. It was Dean - and that's when everything came back to him. This wasn't real; Gabriel wasn't the real Gabriel, Sam wasn't the real Sam, and more importantly, Dean wasn't the real Dean. No matter how much Castiel wanted to stay here forever, he couldn't leave the real Dean.

He went to open the front door when someone grabbed him from behind. He struggled against the hold, but it was stronger. He managed to push himself for enough time to catch a glimpse of his attacker. He knew who it was. Bright blue eyes, body detailed inch by inch with tattoos.

Djinn Castiel confirmed.

He kicked wildly at the creature, until finally he broke free. The Djinn stumbled back down the porch steps, giving Castiel enough time to reach the door to his supposed house. He yanked it open, only to discover it didn't lead anywhere. Not to a living room, or his awaiting brother by the window, nothing. Just a void of darkness. Castiel squinted at the sight until he could make out by the faint light far away in the distance. He heard the Djinn lunging towards him, so before he had a chance to grasp Castiel again, he dashed into the doorway without hesitation.

That's it, Cas. Come back to me. Don't give up. Fight it. the encouraging whispers continued as Castiel ran for his life, or his fake life? He didn't know, what he did know was that the closer he was to the growing beam of light, the louder the whispers became. Soon, they weren't whispers at all, but rather, shouting. At that point, Castiel was close enough to heard the strain in his voice, he had been crying. Castiel could feel a pull at his heart, and he sped towards the broken voice. He looked back at the fading blue eyes and tattoos as he was emerged into the blinding light at the end of the hall.

"I'm coming, Dean!" Castiel shouted, before disappearing into the light.

~~~

Dean looked down as Castiel's body jerked up in his arms, eyes popping open and gasping.