Chapter 16: Friend of the Devil

"Where do you think--" Dean stopped, opening the door to the bunker and noticing the boy sprawled across the floor.

"Kevin!" Sam screamed, passing by Dean in the doorway and making his way over to the prophet.

He vigioursly shook him, hoping he'd come to him.

Dean was frozen to his place at the doorway, a tear forming in the corner of his eye as he looked at the body.

I always trust you. And I always end up screwed. Kevin had just told Dean the other day.

"Kevin?" Dean hoarsely whispered.

"Dean! Get down here!" Sam shouted.

"He's gone," the tear finally rolled down his cheek as the words left his quivering lips.

"He can't be! Dean, we need him!" Sam buried his face in his hand and sat against the wall near the boy's lifeless form.

"He is. I'm sorry. He was my reponsibility and I let this happen," Dean's voice sounded broken, and Sam knew he sounded like he had tears staining his face.

"Where's Cas?" Sam looked up from his palms, scanning the room for another body.

"Oh crap!" Dean rampantly searched the bunker for the fallen angel, but found nothing, "He's not here!"

"I guess they tried to take Cas, but Kevin stepped up," Sam went to put a cloth over his body.

"We have to find him. If they did this to Kevin, imagine what they'll do to Cas!" Dean panicked.

"We will, but can we take care of the dead body in our living room first?" Sam tried not to be rude.

"Oh, yea, yea! Let's hurry," Dean spoke apologetically.

~~~

Castiel spit out the fresh blood and licked his lips, which was now bruised and cut from the hit.

"Just tell me how to fix Heaven and you can go!" Samandriel rolled up his sleeves, preparing to give another swing to Castiel's face.

"I don't know! I told you! It was Metatron's doing, he just needed my grace! I was tricked!" Castiel whinced at the cut in his lip stretching slightly as he spoke.

"I didn't want to have to do this, but you give me no choice," Samandriel walked over and turned on a light.

Castiel froze at what the light revealed. There was a chair with a tray of miscellaneous utensils and other painful looking things.

"Come on, Cas," Samandriel unhooked Cas from the pipe he had been chained to, and threw him into the chair on the other side of the room, strapping him in tightly.

"Samandriel! Please! I'm telling you the truth!" Castiel's plea was ignored, and Samandriel glided a blade across Cas' leg. He hissed at the pain.

"Tell me!" Samandriel growled.

~~~

"I can't believe we're doing this," Sam got out of the Impala, stumped.

"We don't have any leads and every moment we don't find him, that much closer he is to dying, Sammy," Dean opened the car door and got out.

"Here goes nothing," Dean started, "Crowley? Can you come here a minute?"

There were a few minutes, and just before the brothers were going to claim this to be a failed attempt, the King of Hell appeared before them.

"Hello boys," Crowley smirked, "How may I help my favorite brothers?"

"They took Cas," Dean explained.

"That's too tragic. What part of that concerns me?" Crowley rolled his eyes.

"We need your help to find him," Sam stepped from the other side of the car to stand beside his brother.

"What exactly is in it for me?" Crowley squinted at the brothers.

"How about I agree not to fucking kill you right here, right now," Dean snarled.

"Sounds good, but I'd much prefer something nicer," Crowley remarked.

"We're not giving you our souls," Sam declared.

"What a pity, but that's not what I had in mind. Where's the demon tablet?" Crowley inquired.

Sam shot Dean a glance, "First you tell us where Castiel is," Dean growled.

"I don't work like that, Dean, you of all people should know that," Crowley smirked.

"Fine," Dean reached into his jacket pocket and took out the tablet with chicken scratch to show the King.

"Now we're cooking with fire," Crowley made himself chuckle.

"But first," Dean stuffed the tablet back into his jacket,  "Where's Cas?"

"Well, I do know who took him, but not exactly where. The entire place must be covered in warding symbols," Crowley kicked at the gravel on the crossroad.

"Great," Dean mumbled sarcastically.

"Who took him?" Sam furrowed his brows.

"You boys remember Samandriel?" Crowley looked up at the boys, who were now in confusion.

"That's impossible, Samandriel was killed," Dean squinted at the demon.

"It seems your boy toy isn't the only one God likes to see in the game," Crowley gave him a devilish smile.

"Okay, well can you get someone to take us to where Cas is being held?" Sam further interrogated.

"I can, but I need my payment," Crowley answered.

"No way! Not until we get Castiel!" Dean shouted.

"You know I stay true to my word," Crowley switched his gaze from Sam to Dean, flashing him a wicked smile.

"Just give it to him, Dean. There's no way he can read it and Kevin already took a bunch of notes for the tablet. It's been used to it's full extent, we have no use for it now," Sam whispered, slightly nudging his brother with his elbow.

"Yea, okay fine. But, I swear to God, if you don't hold up your end, I will end you," Dean handed over the tablet, keeping his eyes locked with Crowley.

"Yea, that's fine," Crowley replied, examining the tablet before placing it out of sight.

~~~

"Stop!" Castiel tried to scream, but his voice was so strained it was too weak to get out the words.

For the past hour or so, Samandriel had managed to bring in copy after copy of Dean, and done all sorts of things to him. He would torture him to the point of him screaming out the fallen angel's name, or make Castiel watch him have his way with Dean, and after he was done with whatever method he used, he would kill them and throw the body to the floor carelessly. Castiel knew they weren't really his Dean, but he also thought that it could be possible, so it still hurt him just as much as it would if it were his Dean.

"Not until you tell me!" Samandriel slammed Dean's body to the wall, forcing his legs spread, and he jimmied with his jeans.

"I told you everything I know!" Castiel whined.

"Liar!" Samandriel succeeded in violating Castiel's lover, then laying his murdered corpse on the floor next to the others.