Chapter 14: Another Case

"You guys said you found a case?" Dean came from his room, wringing out his wet showered hair, wearing only his sweatpants.

"Yea, why don't you grab some breakfast and I'll give the details," Kevin suggested.

Sam was sitting in the chair next to Castiel on the couch. They were both eating breakfast, and fully dressed. Dean couldn't help but notice how adorable Cas looked. He smiled, thinking that he was the reason for Castiel's sex hair, and he thought that was sexy.

Dean padded into the kitchen before returning with a plate of warm food and sitting on the couch next to Castiel, making sure their thghs were grazing each other, but not the extent of suspicion.

"Alright, so tell me about the case," Dean demanded softly before stuffing bacon in his mouth.

"Okay, strap in," Kevin scrolled through the page on the screen, "Tourists are disappearing when they pass through--"

"So, it's another fugly scarecrow?" Dean asked between bites.

"That's what I thought. Tell 'em Kevin," Sam budded in, having already scarfed down his entire plate.

"Yea, so in addition to that, some of the dead have been reported to come back home. Not only that, but within the week that they return, the family either goes missing or dies," Kevin stated.

"Oh, wow, that's definetly our kind of thing," Dean took in the last bit of eggs.

"Okay, let's go," Castiel spoke.

"Woah, you're not going anywhere after what happened the other night after the bar," Dean extended his arm to put his hand near Castiel's chest.

"I should stay here to watch him," Sam suggested.

"No way! I need you to help me on this case. Besides, Kevin can watch over him," Dean looked over to the boy at his desk.

"Fine," Sam sighed.

~~~

They arrived in Adams, Oregon, a pretty small town near the border between Oregon and Washington. Recently, it has been known that people drive through here hoping to avoid highways or something and looking for a back way route. However, most of them don't leave town.

"Thanks," Dean snatched the keys from the hotel clerk's stubby fingers before heading to his baby to grab his stuff.

"Where should we start?" Sam questioned, slamming his stuff onto one of the queen beds.

"Well," Dean sat down, pulling a laptop out from his bag and popping it open on the table in front of him, "It says here that the most recent return form the dead was just two days ago. We should probably go speak with them."

"Sounds good, just lemme find my badge," Sam nodded.

~~~

"So, Mrs. Davison, how long was your husband pronounced dead?" Sam asked while Dean snooped around, under the false assumption of being in the bathroom.

"Well, it was about two or three years ago," the woman smiled out the window above the kitchen sink, watching her lover running around with their two kids, perhaps playing football. 

"I see, and don't you find it a little weird?" Dean came back into the room.

"I can't say I believed it at first, but I mean, how can you not believe this," the woman gestured to the happy man running through the backyard with two kids on his tail.

"You could say it's , a miracle," Sam tried to keep a professional glance.

"Sure bet. Can't say it's 100% what it used to be before he died," the woman added, looking away from the window and into the sink.