Kakashi Hatake: The Copy Ninja

!Updated!

(Ran's POV)

Sasuke and I sat beneath a tree where he could finish his lunch in peace. Those rice balls looked so delicious, and I was so hungry.
"Here you can have them if you want" he handed me the plate, was it that obvious that I was looking at them?
"It's alright I'm not hungry" I lied, my stomach gave me away though. It was so embarrassing, he sort of laughed at my reaction "Alright thank you" I took a couple and started eating them, and they're very delicious. But I'm so hungry even leaves would be delicious.

"Do you like them?"
"Yeah they're really good" I smiled at him
"I made them" he stated proudly
"You did? well you're a good cook but not as good as me" I stuck my tongue out at him
"We'll see how good you are" He smirked again.
"Tomorrow morning after the training we can have lunch together: my treat"
"Deal!" he smiled, that was the first time I caught him smiling. It was genuine too. He noticed my surprise and just turned away "Well I'll see you in class" he stood up and walked away, lifting his hand up right before he left. I had noticed we were watched, I was sure this wasn't any of the Anbu assigned to me. I have familiarised myself with their chakra. The one I had felt just now was new. So I activated my kekkei Genkai while Sasuke walked away.

I stayed on my own watching the vacenity. It had disappeared with Sasuke and then came back again a few minutes later. I found out where he was and as I appeared there, his reaction was to end the clone jutsu. I only caught a small glimpse of his grey hair and the book he was reading.
I have decided to go back in since I couldn't sense him anywhere near. I take it the real one is somewhere else.
The room was pretty filled with other genins that I barely knew. Soon enough they all left with their team leaders and only team seven stayed there waiting for Kakashi sensei.
"Let's face it he's not coming.  All other teams have already met their leaders" Sakura stated. It might be true I mean nobody takes this long, it's almost sunset we've been waiting here for hours.

"Hehehe" Naruto was laughing mischievously as he placed a board eraser on top of the door and closed it.
"Naruto you're really a bigger idiot if you thought a Jonin would fall for such an old trick" Sasuke rolled his eyes at Sakura's words and Naruto's prank before he made his way to me.
I was sitting on the third row, my head on my arms and bored out of this world. I heard the door open right before Sasuke reached me.
"He fell for it ha-ha" Naruto began laughing in triumph I thought a Jonin would be so much more skilled than that, especially the copy ninja Kakashi Hatake. If we're stuck with an unskilled person like that then we're doomed.
"Kakashi sensei, I am so sorry it was Naruto's idea I tried to stop him" Sakura tried to act all cute and innocent. He is supposed to be our teammate you dumbass.

"Well I'm very sorry for being late but I was doing a little reading and it seemed I have forgotten about the time" he smiled waving his little book in front of us before he put it away. I thought of the person prior, it was him watching us. It had to be. Kakashi sensei was famous worldwide, he was known for the Sharingan in his left eye but he was always covering it unless he absolutely needs to use it in a battle. At least that's what Itachi had told me. "Let's go up on the roof shall we?" We followed him and I ended up sitting next to Sakura who was about to kill me with those stares of hers.
"So let's introduce ourselves"
"Introduce? How?" Naruto asked
"you know with your name, your favourite food, your hobbies, your dreams, anything you like, I'll go first my name is Kakashi Hatake I'm a Jonin level ninja and my hobbies? I don't feel like telling you"
"You just told us what we already know" I facepalmed myself, I hated introductions.
"Why don't you try? Lady Ran"
"My name is Ran Idojawa, I don't really have a favourite food, nor hobbies but my dream is to find my brother and get him home. I also want to protect this village and this world from any harm that may come" I smiled. There was a time where my dream was to have revenge. My views have changed thanks to Itachi.
"And you Naruto?"
"I'm Naruto Uzumaki..." he started talking about his love for Ramen and what types he likes, he took his time but finished with sharing his dream of becoming a Hokage.
"Sakura?"
"Hey no Lady Sakura for me?" she crossed her arms, Kakashi sensei smiled nervously as mumbled as he laughed "Well I'm Sakura Haruno, my dream is to become a great ninja one day. I want to follow Sasuke's footsteps" oh great Sasuke all over the place.
"I'm Sasuke Uchiha! My dream... my dream is to become strong so that one day I can destroy a certain somebody" his words were loud and clear to me; it's his brother he'd like to destroy.
"Alright well that's it for today, now I want you to go get some rest tomorrow we'll meet at 6am, don't eat anything for breakfast because we're going to have a long and hard day at training, you may bring your lunch and your ninja tools, so long!" he smiled before he disappeared.

I told Naruto I'll meet him later, I ran as fast as I could to watch what was left of that beautiful sunset. I can get used to this.
"You like watching sunsets too?" his voice startled me. I didn't think he'd be here. Sunsets always reminded me of Itachi. I was fiddling with the Kunai knife and he switched his attention to it.
"You know that's a fake right?"
"What?"
"The Kunai in your hand. It is based off of the fourth Hokage's jutsu. A space-time jutsu, yours doesn't really work"
"Naruto gifted it to me, so it doesn't matter"
"You really don't remember me do you?" He mumbled and I looked at him
"What did you say?"
"Nothing, just that you shouldn't bother coming tomorrow" I knew these were not the words that were spoken earlier but I did not push it.
"Why is that?" I wondered
"It's going to be hard I don't think a princess can handle it" so he found out about it. Come to think about it, he was there when the Anbu Blackops came looking for Naruto.
"Are you underestimating me Uchiha? Because if I were you I'd keep my thoughts to myself"
"Or what?" he stood right in front of me, he was playing irresistible but I got news for you Sasuke.
"I told you don't underestimate me" I smiled at him as he lay on the ground "Caught you off guard or did you see it coming?"
"That's not fair I wasn't ready"
"Are you ready now?"
"Yes, I...." I interrupted since my hand already made contact with his face, such a pity I'll have to ruin his face.
"Am I too fast for you?"
"Not fast enough" He hit me, oh not me just a shadow clone of myself, he looked surprised when he found out I was nowhere near him.
"I'll see you later Uchiha!" I shouted from the top of the hill. I waved at him and he waved back smirking, well that was fun, not challenging but fun.

I was on my way home when I got stopped by a group of girls lead by Ino and Sakura.
"Listen Ran if you as much think of having Sasuke for yourself you're dreaming he's not into you" Ino smirked
"Yeah, Sasuke would never look in the way of an ugly duck" Sakura continued, Ugly duck?! It's the first time someone called me ugly let alone an ugly duck! How can a duck be ugly anyway? Sasuke walked passed us and smirked, oh yeah you're enjoying this, aren't you?
"Okay you can have him but I'm just wondering which one of you he likes?"
"Me"
"No me!"

"Listen Ran if you as much think of having Sasuke for yourself you're dreaming he's not into you" Ino smirked"Yeah, Sasuke would never look in the way of an ugly duck" Sakura continued, Ugly duck?! It's the first time someone called me ugly let al...

"Why does it have to be you? It's me". That was almost too easy.
"Shut it billboard"
"You shut it Ino pig"
Soon the rest followed fighting over him, I simply walked away humming.
"Why don't we ask him? Sasuke! Sasuke! Tell them you and I are destined to be together"
"Oh No Sasuke will tell them it's me he wants"
"Why does it have to be you Sakura or you Ino? I'm prettier than the both of you"
Sasuke was caught in all of this, oh yeah it is fun to watch no wonder he was enjoying this earlier.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand," I said to myself.
"Ran! Ran! help me out!" he yelled, they looked like they were going to eat him alive so no thank you, I rather go home and sleep.
"You're on your own Uchiha! See you tomorrow if you're still alive" I waved at him and walked away to my place.
Maybe I should've helped him, Nah he'll be alright, he is top of his class right? He'll figure something up.

(A/N: thank you for re-reading the rewrites! And if you are new I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Don't forget to vote and comment)