Sanity

!Updated!

Original A/N
HELLO SEXY NOODLES!!

I wanted to give you a big thank you for making 60k a reality!! We should celebrate!! got any suggestions? Can we get this to 70k? Can we get the story to top one in fanfiction? what do you say? Shall we do it?

(Ran's POV)

I woke up, I don't know where i was exactly. It took me a moment to register what had happened. I felt the sudden urge to throw up and I got up. I rushed behind tree and threw up. Though there wasn't much since I barely eat.

I had wanted to, I just don't have any appetite. How could I eat when he is buried? How could I smile? How could i even breathe?
I put on my mask and I got a messenger summon from Kisame. It only had two words "nine tails" my eyes widen understanding that they were going for Naruto.
"Where are you going?" Sasuke asked. I did not even answer, I got my sword and disappeared to Konoha.

When I saw where I was standing. I was  devastated.
"Ōkami" Nagato's Deva path spoke "it's good to see that you are here to support us, it will be easier with your help"
I dodged some Kunai knives easily but I was forced beside the Deva path. That's when I saw Naruto on the ground with Chakra blockers in his body. Hinata showed up
"Nine tails is successfully captured"

My mind was a mess. I could feel the pain of everyone around me. Their pain, their anger and fear and their instinct to survive. I wish I could make it disappear but it was too strong. It was paralyzing.

I saw Hinata getting kicked and eventually stabbed. It was Itachi's dream that was fading right in front of me.
He was smugly speaking about his pain, I was about to attack him but Naruto lost control of the nine tails.

Now it was no longer a fight against the rinnegan wielder. It was one against Pain all the while handling the nine tails.
For that I had to activate my Rinnegan as well.
"Ōkami, what is the meaning of this?" He asked when he realized I was attacking him.
"I'll kill you for destroying everything Itachi worked hard to protect. I'm your worst nightmare" I heard the growl in the background "Shut it Kurama, you're an annoying bastard. I'll deal with you later" I held him in a planetary devastation.

He tried a seal taking advantage of what I had done. However, the nine tails was on a rampage and he was a lot stronger than what Pain thought. I fortified my Planetsty Deveststion.
Granted I wasn't at my best, considering I haven't been looking after myself but I was not about to give up Naruto to him.

Nagato had a great control on the Rinnegan. Being a user myself, I understood the physical and mental strength it takes to use it. I rarely did and even then it would take a great toll on my body. I had to do what I had to do. I had to fight, fight for what Itachi died for. He sacrificed everything for this village: His clan, his dreams, his family and his life. I couldn't possibly just sit and watch. 

"Nagato! You need to stop this" I wanted to protect Itachi's memory by protecting what he fought for; even if it meant losing our baby in the battle. There are thousands upon thousands of innocent people on line. 
"You of all people should understand. You have lost your clan, your brother and your lover. Why are you still fighting Lady Ran?" It was the first time he had called me by my real name in ages.

I knew that as long as the real Nagato was out there, he can just get new bodies to make as hosts.
I had let out all my anger on the Deva path. With my last hit I felt a rod embed my abdomen. I placed my hand on it and broke it then I infused my fist with chakra as I hit him so hard that his head was buried deep in the ground while his body remained on the surface disfigured.