[Chapter 7]

Chapter 7

Driving at night is never a good idea. The other drivers on the road do not care if their headlights blind you to the point you have a wreck. I am currently at a red light about to turn down my street.

My brain and nerves are exhausted. They have gained a lot of information for one day. I really just need to get home and take a warm bath or shower and relax.

Suddenly I heard a horn blast and I noticed the light changed. I pressed my foot against the gas and turned down my street.
The street was barely lit with street lights. I had to squint my eyes to see down the street.

I was greeted by the same houses as I was everyday. As I got closer to my house I began to hope that they hadn’t made it home yet.

I got to the house and pulled into the drive. I put the jeep in park and turned the key killing the engine. As I suspected they weren’t home yet and I was incredibly thankful.

I placed my keys in my jacket pocket and opened the door.

The night air was cold as it hit me. I closed the jeep door shaking my head. I was trying to get rid of the mess in my head. I turned toward the house turned pulling out my house key. As I learned from my father I left the light in the kitchen on hoping that any robbers would think someone was home.

I pulled the key from the knob and walked inside. The house was way to quiet for my liking and every little noise I made seemed incredibly loud to my small ears. I walked upstairs toward my room.

Once in my room flipped on the light. I let out a gulp of air as I noticed the time was 9:00 p.m.
I walked over to my dresser and searched for something to wear to bed.

After searching for sometime I came across a purple lace trim cami, some butterfly pajama pPy Pants, aerie lace boyshorts, and my white and aqua embroidered slippers.

I sat the clothes on the end of my bed and began to search for my ipod.
I found it in my jacket pocket and threw it on top of the clothes. I pulled off my jacket and slipped off my shoes.

I picked up my clothes and made my way to the bathroom. I flipped on the light and closed the door behind me. My portable speakers were sat on the table and I attached my iPod to the speakers.

I sat the clothes on the hamper and started the shower. I pressed play on my iPod playing “Better Than Me” by Hinder.

I striped and stepped in the shower listening to the music.

Better Than Me lyrics

I think you can do much better than me
After all the lies that I made you believe
Guilt kicks in and I start to see
The edge of the bed
Where your nightgown used to be
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
While looking through your old box of notes
I found those pictures I took
That you were looking for
If there's one memory I don't want to lose
That time at the mall
You and me in the dressing room
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
The bed I'm lying in is getting colder
Wish I never would've said it's over
And I can't pretend... I won't think about you when I'm older
Cause we never really had our closure
This can't be the end
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
(And I think you should know this)
(You deserve much better than me)

Once the song was finished my hair was washed and I was clean. I pulled on my pajamas and towel dried my hair. For only a few seconds I stared in the mirror wondering what was so incredibly special about me that Kimi would want to stick up for.

I just shook my head and comb through my hair. Afterward I picked up my iPod and opened the door. The cold air from the A/C was blistering cold. I knew I couldn’t change the temperature since my mom would turn it once she got home. I searched my closest for some kind of jacket to wear.