[Chapter 65]

Chapter 65

December 31, 2009 New Year’s Eve

It’s safe to say my New Year’s Eve is officially ruined. The night couldn’t possibly get any worse. I couldn’t find anything to wear in my overly conservative pile of clothing. I called Annie a couple of hours after my breakdown over Robert.

“I have something I think will fit you. If it won’t we’ll find you something. You can’t wear heels, right?”

I sighed, “I would prefer not to wear heels since I’ll most likely be standing most of the night.”

I can practically hear her nod her head, “Okay, I’ll come over and get you. Bring some flats with you because all I have is heels.”

“Okay, sure thing.”

I hung up the phone not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Annie’s idea at clothing for me was “making feel uncomfortable.” The dress she had showed too much cleavage for my taste but since Angel had come with her showing his pick out of her clothes he had chosen something that fit me better than Annie’s pick.

It was a one piece suit type thing with a red shirt connected to a black skirt that would come to my knee. It was conservative but also somewhat sexy. The belt was completely around my waist and the shirt opened far enough down to show the right amount of cleavage without overdoing it. It was perfect no matter how much Annie despised the outfit.

Annie told me we would be getting read in her room. Angel and Annie pulled me from my apartment walking down to the elevator. I was so thankful we hadn’t run into Sarah, Mom, or dare I say it, Robert. I didn’t know what to say to Annie about the breakup. The truth of the matter was if Sarah hadn’t revealed herself I would have stayed Robert’s closet girl until I left for college but I had to make sure he was safe. I didn’t care how much I was hurt by breaking things the only thing that mattered was Robert’s safety.

I didn’t have any idea how to approach the subject to Annie. She could give me one look and I would tell her the truth. I wasn’t going to risk Annie’s safety by telling her the truth though.

We stepped into the elevator Annie hitting the lobby before I could hit the button.

“We are going to a party before the ball drop.”

I sigh, “Okay.”

I wasn’t really up for a party. I started thinking about the positives of a party and it being a holiday. I could finally drink even though I wasn’t of age, no one would say anything because of the day it was. Getting drunk just might help me forget everything if just for one night or a few hours.

I had made up my mind, I was going to get drunk and forget, no matter how much I missed and craved Robert.

**

Annie’s hotel room was a mess when we arrived. All the men were banned from the room as Annie and I stepped inside the room.

“Excuse the mess.”

When she said that I just thought she meant the food containers. Since I had been gone to the apartment Annie had ruined her room. There were clothes scattered everywhere, hoes lining the dresser against the wall, the bathroom a mess of make-up cases and hair pieces.

“Annie, did a transvestite take over your room or something?”

She laughed, “No, just Angel and I apparently.”

I shook my head, “I should have known you used that boy for help.”

She giggled moving to her opened upside down suitcase on the floor. She grabbed the top flipping it over, “I swear this is the last time I ask that boy for any help.”