[Chapter 66]

Chapter 66

January 1, 2010

I woke in Annie’s hotel room. The room was mostly dark considering Annie would probably wake with a severe hangover. I could feel a light headache but I didn’t feel much else. I didn’t drink any more after watching the ball drop.

Annie had gone back to the party after watching the ball drop. When she finally came back to the room she was worse than just tipsy. She collapsed in her bed with her dress still on.

I could hear her snoring which is something I’ve never heard from her before. I smile at the sound of her snores and then begin to sit up in the bed. It’s so dark in the room that I can barely see my hand in front of my face. Suddenly a shed of light splashed in the room giving me some light.

I spotted my iPod on the table beside me along with my phone. I grabbed my phone flipping it open to find the time shining brightly at me.

9:23am

I was shocked it was so early. I had stayed up so late last night but I didn’t feel very sleepy at the moment. I was tired as hell but I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep right now, not with Annie snoring like a bear.

I stood from the bed quietly walking to the bathroom. I pushed the door opened and stepped inside before flipping on the light. The light was bright considering I was just in a very dark room. I closed my eyes giving myself time to get used to the light.

Once I felt I was fine I opened my eyes looking around the room. I slept in one of Annie’s shirts so the long purple shirt was coming down to my knees as I walked toward my bag on the floor under the sink.

I grabbed the straps on the top pulling it from under the sink. I lowered myself to my knees as I unzipped the top. I rummaged through my bag pulling out some light colored jeans and a light green shirt.

I quickly changed my clothes and stood in front of the mirror. My eyes were very sleepy looking by now and I could feel the tiredness begin to seep back in. I shivered as a gust of cold wind came in the room.

Sighing I begin to make sure my bag is packed with all my things. Annie told me I could keep the outfit I wore last night since she never wears it anymore. I find some sneakers under the sink telling myself to give them back to Annie when we get back home.

I stuff my bare feet inside the shoes too tired to pull socks on my feet. I can suddenly hear noises from the room. I smile, chuckling as I hear groans from the bedroom. I grab my bag moving toward the door. Just as I pull the door open Annie’s standing in front of me with her hair everywhere on her head.

“God, it’s too early. My head is fucking killing me.”

I giggled which causes her to wince, “Not so loud, Laura.”

She opens her eyes as wide as she can to find me fully dressed.

“Where are you going?”

I sigh, “Back to my apartment. I kind of figured you would be too hung-over to hang out today. Plus I need to find out when my mom wants to leave and head back home or something.”

She nods, “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t feel like hanging out today. I’m sorry about the Robert situation. I only hope sees sense soon. Good luck girl.”

I smile at her and take her in my arms giving her a tight hug. She sputters taken off guard but hugs me back.

“Go. I need to shower and then probably head back to bed.”

I nod, “Pain meds are on the sink counter.”

She smiles nodding and I walk past her while she closes the bathroom door. I flip on the light in the room trying to find all my things. I grab my iPod and phone from the bed and place them in my pockets.