[Chapter 52]

Chapter 52

November 30, 2009-December 4, 2009

The entire week of school was pure hell. I had to deal with the reminder of not having Alex there to help me out. Luke wasn't even talking to me so everything had pretty much been hell. Mom coming home on Sunday made the day absolute hell.

She had Robert under her butt the entire day. I hated how much she flaunted their relationship in front of me. She had no idea what Robert and I had done while she was gone so she had no idea just how much she was killing me.

Since Mom had Robert tucked under her butt all week Robert wasn't able to come to my room during the week. I figured it was because he didn't want to ruin my sleep for school but most of the night's I still didn't get enough sleep. Sunday night I pretty much cried myself to sleep and had most of the week. I couldn't sleep for worry about school which would bring on the world's worst headache.

It was now Friday and as much as I was glad for school to be over I didn't want to go home. The constant reminder that Robert wasn't completely mine was staring me in the face. I hadn't heard from Kimi all week so I had no idea when she was coming home.

I sighed as I stood from the desk of my last class. The teachers were brutal all week but they all decided no homework over the weekend. My creative writing class was given an assignment due before Christmas break since that class was just about over. I could do that at any time so I didn't really have any homework this weekend.

I decided to stop at my locker to put away the unneeded books. I crept out of the class slowly taking my time to get to my locker. The longer I took, the longer it took for me to get home and the less time I had to sit and watch mom with Robert.

The hall was full of students running toward the entrance dying to get out of this place. I wished I could be that happy but I was slowly dying inside. One of my best friend's was dead, the locker still had some of the words and pictures on the front and it was a constant reminder of what had happened.

I wished with all my might that he was still here. I could still talk to him; he could make me laugh despite my bad mood. I could have gone to his house for a few hours before going home. Everything would be so much better if he was still alive and goofing off next to me.

I took a deep breath trying to will the tears away. I had been doing so good, just crying at night over his death and crying over the entire Robert situation. I pulled open the locker and the pictures caught my eye. There were a few of just Kimi and me, Alex and me, and then all three of us. I couldn't find it in me to just toss the photos or take them off my locker to keep from reminding me.

I kept them to at least keep myself thinking about him and to smile. Alex wouldn't want me moping around with him being dead. He would want me to smile and laugh at all the crazy things we did and got caught for.

I closed my eyes as the tears started to leak out of my eyes and pulled the flap off of my backpack. My black and white side backpack with the gold writing on the front was what I had used all week. It wasn't as heavy since some of my classes didn't have books.

I put in the unneeded books in the locker as well as some of the folders and tablets and grabbed my creative writing folder. If Kimi still wasn't in town this weekend I was going to work on that assignment locked away in my room with the music turned up to drown out their conversations.

I closed the locker once I was done and flipped the lock making sure it was locked good and tight. The hall was mostly deserted by now as I slowly crept toward the parking lot. As I got to Alex's locker I saw it out of the corner of my eye. They were slowly cleaning the words off but kept the pictures up there as a reminder of who we lost.